• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

I haven't seen the videos yet but I hope that they are better than what Pieman said if the CF gave out $1 million to make them!!

Sigh

We already have 26K people walking through the door and they want to spend $1 million on videos? Lets put the money where it is really needed; the recruiting process to speed these people through in days or weeks (not months or years), and most especially in the training system so they get hard, realistic and applicable training with the right amount of boots and uniforms to wear....

If we could somehow absorb that many people, we would not be having issues with stress and burnout.

It's funny how they think no ones trying to join up.  I see plenty of people wanting to join but the problem lies with the Process of enlistment.  Recruiters are a pain in the ass (Always losing files, closing them prematurely, etc). 

FIX THE GOD DAMN PROCESS

Perhaps the problem goes higher than the recruiting office.  The government doesn't have to invest more money into the military if they don't let anyone in.  I would guess that if another party (more to the right) were in office, many, many more of the people would be getting in.  I believe the current government is more responsible for the recruiting woes and negative image than the CF itself... 

My girlfriend was watching TV the other night and she saw a commercial of some guy in PT gear and an army shirt running down a street in front of children and he said "I'm doing it for them" (or something like that)

She only caught a glimpse of it.  Anyone see this, or can anyone confirm if it was actually a recruiting commercial for the Canadian forces?  She saw it on Global.  I doubt they would have US army recruiting commercials on there.

I only get three Canadian stations down here on my rabbit ears. CBC (don't expect to see it there), CHWI (nope) and TVO (to intellectual ;) ). Can't honestly say when the last time was I saw a Canadian recruiting commercial. The US (most of my stations) has some awesome ones though. Couple of years ago they gave some big Hollywood directors the go ahead to make some commercials. Guys like Spike Lee. They went all out and produced some very cool stuff.

Sounds like a new US Army National Guard commercial that's had a lot of air-time lately... shows a guy in PT strip ("ARMY" t-shirt) running through his neighbourhood looking at the local families and kids...

Sounds like a new US Army National Guard commercial that's had a lot of air-time lately... shows a guy in PT strip ("ARMY" t-shirt) running through his neighbourhood looking at the local families and kids...

Yea, that was it.  Too bad.  That would have been a pretty good Canadian Forces commercial.

Our recruiting commercials are extremely gay and portray our military in such a soft spoken way. Image is everything whether we like it or not. We need to make our commercials like the U. S. Army and their Army of One add's.There aggresive, full of action and show's competence in what we do fo a living.

Theres a 2nd Bn of PPCLI?  ???

Oh, yeah, in Shilo, where I really want to go, but nobody will send me...

Yes our recruiting vidoes are for pussies. The US Army put out a 91W combat medic recruiting video which I had the privligde to see duuring OP Med conference last yr. With lines like, "I will not leave a wounded soldier behind" and "it is my skill and knowledge that spurs thier courage to fight where normal people run away" Others called it blated Patriotism, I almost had a tear in my eye, and wanted to jump ship to the US Army....

The thing with the US commercials is that they are geared to directly affect kids looking for excitement.
Why do you think that they have video games for recruiting??
They are also geared to those that have been brought up with patriotism shoved in their mouths from birth and that is all they believe.

Don't believe me?

I lived in the US before 9-11 and was there for 2 years after...and I have never seen so many flags go up so quickly as they did after Bush said that he was headed to warit was nauseating actually. Our CDN flag was up the day after we moved into our house and came down the day the movers were at our hosue packing us up.

The Canadians that were living down there were harassed and even assaulted by Americans who felt that the Canadians were not helping with the war...thats Fox news for ya!

"The Canadians that were living down there were harassed and even assaulted by Americans who felt that the Canadians were not helping with the war...thats Fox news for ya!"

Please provide links or other proof.

CFL said:
"The Canadians that were living down there were harassed and even assaulted by Americans who felt that the Canadians were not helping with the war...thats Fox news for ya!"

Please provide links or other proof.

I am as close to proof as you will need. I was assaulted by a USN member at a night clb after he heard I was from Canada....I sustained two loose teeth and a split eyebrow that needed stitched, not to meantion the emotional turmoil it caused me, my hubby and my kids.

Would you like pictures of the injuries, the name of the county prosecutor or the name of the squadron lawyer I was also dealing with? Maybe the names of the NCIS officers??

Sorry, justice was never served in my instance so i am still very bitter about it. All the guy got was a letter on his file because he was a what they call a 5.0 sailor and they didn't want to ruin his career.   ::)

This is two pics of my face after 3 and 6 days....this was before the stitches were taken out and before I had my dental work done
Day3Face.jpg

Day6Eye.jpg

I moved to Iowa in Jan 2000 and moved back to Canada Dec 23 , 2004. I was there for almost 5 years.
When people learned I was a former soldier , they always asked if I was US ARMY, then they were shocked to learn I was Canadian Army. Some were more shocked to learn Canada had any  sort of a miliary, thought it was the RCMP that was the army group. I always explained the RCMP was like the FBI, the national police force etc.
When 9/11 happened I was given a hardtime because they all thought the terrorist came thru Canada.  When the war was started, they were mad because Canada would not support the USA in the war in Iraq , they never reported much in the States about Canadians being on the line in Afghanistan. Even after the bombing of the troops by mistake.  From what I saw on tv and heard in public, it the US forces and British Forces. Perhaps because we did not send troops to Iraq , our  troops in Afghanistan did not mean anything till the reports of the Canadian Snipers saving lives thru amazing shots and great action reports, did  most Americans I know even knew we were there.

I know there was some ANTI - Canadian feelings in the USA, it is not the everyday  feeling but it is there.

FormerHorseGuard said:
I moved to Iowa in Jan 2000 and moved back to Canada Dec 23 , 2004.

I was there from Aug'01-Aug'04 and we were down there with NATO.

Did you hear the news story about the french Canadian in Texas that had his house vandalised???

Some fellow Canadians down there actually had their CDN flag ripped off their house and it was set on fire in front of their home.

Well I appreciate the proof.  The reason why I asked is that I didn't hear anything about CDN's being harassed.  Sorry they didn't prosecute further.

Springroll:  I'm absolutely shocked at your injuries and do sincerely hope that no permanent damage was done ( you didn't say when this attack occured, so I assume it was some time ago). I am also appalled that your assailant was not punished more severely. This ignorant cowardly fucktard was a "5.0 sailor"? What the hell would a "3.0 sailor" be?  Incidents like this really sap my confidence in common human decency.

My best wishes to you, and may the "5.0 sailor" find his just reward.

Back