• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruit Helper website

Catamaran22

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: Website RECRUIT HELPER, at www3.telus.net/helper33

Greetings all. After serving in the CF lower ranks for several years, I noted a gap in the quick access to some information needed by recruits (especially after the CF Warrior’s Handbook stopped being given to privates years ago).

So three years ago I and others stitched together an unofficial simple little reference site, that a new recruit could jump into and “get up to speed” quicker – a site that can also be browsed for pleasure by the public and older CF members. Knowing the material can help foster recruit pride, confidence and self-reliance. As well, it might help show the reality of the army to curious potential recruits, and so perhaps modestly assist the recruiting effort.

Many recruits have used this site since then, but I have only thought of noting the link to it on the ARMY.CA site recently. It is mostly a portal of links to good DND webpages (which are sometimes hard to find in DND sites), more logically organized for newcomers. Nothing classified has, or ever will be, posted, and it conforms to the stated DND
internet information-sharing policy: “Information on [DND sites] has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use. “

The website isn’t perfect, but it’s a stopgap for the moment. I ask anyone who reads this to please give the website address to all recruits you meet, to help them out, and suggest they bookmark it, download material (because webpages can disappear anytime), and post the URL address in mess halls and bulletin boards. Any recruit might also become an instructor one day, so it’s good to be familiar with the material as early as possible. Thanks and good luck.
- CF Recruit Helper webmaster. March 1, 2007   

Awesome website Catamaran22, hopefully I will be doing BMQ this summer and this helps me out alot. I will download the website in case it goes down because I don't want to lose the information.

Nicolas

Cool idea but giving recruits most if not all the information before hand kinda defeats the purpose of recruit school. Also it will lead to more recruits saying but M/Cpl I learned it this way from such and such a website.

<edited to add>

How about filling in your profile too.

Hey, great site Catamaran22, some really good links and some great info, thanks a lot

information is power. I think its great idea to research as much prior.  Like gathering INTEL.

Thats why I come to this site to learn new things and see what are the Army/AF is doing.

It's just a bunch of links.

Catamaran22 said:
Re: Website RECRUIT HELPER, at www3.telus.net/helper33

Catamaran, can you repeat that link please, I'm having some trouble getting there ???

HFXCrow said:
information is power. I think its great idea to research as much prior.  Like gathering INTEL.

Thats why I come to this site to learn new things and see what are the Army/AF is doing.

It's just a bunch of links.

And that's why the BMQ LP's are now "rehidden" on the DIN away from the public eyes.

The guy or gal just put a bunch of UNCLAS WWW links on a website. Big deal!

Back