• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

Honestly, you start your comment about the narrative and messaging, but the bulk of the things you're talking about aren't really things that we need better messaging on. They're just massive problems we need to fix. Marketing alone can't fix systemic institutional problems. At best it might try and hide them, but usually any attempts to do so just make things worse. As we saw quite clearly from... well damnit, from a recent article about the sexual misconduct scandal authored by a certain person we're not allowed to mention. But the gist of it is that attempts to fight the PR battle and control the narrative around a massive problem that the institition has will always make any leader look worse. And the institution itself while we're at it.

It's ineffective because trying to control the narrative is something that can only be done by downplaying the seriousness of the issue. But the issues are serious, that's why people are upset about them. That's why they're driving a lot of people to leave and other people to not bother joining in the first place. You can't try and massage the public perception of that away; at best you need to acknowledge it's a giant issue and do what you can to fix it. And be seen, visibly, trying to fix it. Including, for example, putting pressure upwards for support from government, as we've seen recently from the CDS with his rather frank comments on the cost of living / pay competitiveness issue.

The only effective PR regarding systemic issues is fixing those issues.

There was a story from 2022 where a recruiter mentioned that males had "maximum targets"... Now, maybe the CAF didn't intend to say "men need not apply", but that's what a portion of men will read from that message.

We understand that language is important when it comes to some groups, but completely throw that out the window when dealing with others. At the CAF CWOs coffee last week one of the mess members brought up a perfect example of what I mean. He mentioned a part in a DIE presentation that specifically mentioned that the CAF needs to get rid of the stereotype of a " fit, cis, white, male", and the presenter mentioned how the CAF needs to look less like that(cis, white, male). On the surface that seems like a great thing to say as a way to promote diversity, until you consider that someone in a position of authority essentially said "if you look like this, we don't want you". Even worse, likely coming from a guy essentially saying, "I made it to the top, but I'm making sure you can't".

Again, I'm sure the intent wasn't to say "bugger off, you're not wanted", but they way it was presented there are going to be people who hear that.

That's a very poignant question that person asked.

I have to ask, what's a DIE presentation ?

Honestly, you start your comment about the narrative and messaging, but the bulk of the things you're talking about aren't really things that we need better messaging on. They're just massive problems we need to fix. Marketing alone can't fix systemic institutional problems. At best it might try and hide them, but usually any attempts to do so just make things worse. As we saw quite clearly from... well damnit, from a recent article about the sexual misconduct scandal authored by a certain person we're not allowed to mention. But the gist of it is that attempts to fight the PR battle and control the narrative around a massive problem that the institition has will always make any leader look worse. And the institution itself while we're at it.

It's ineffective because trying to control the narrative is something that can only be done by downplaying the seriousness of the issue. But the issues are serious, that's why people are upset about them. That's why they're driving a lot of people to leave and other people to not bother joining in the first place. You can't try and massage the public perception of that away; at best you need to acknowledge it's a giant issue and do what you can to fix it. And be seen, visibly, trying to fix it. Including, for example, putting pressure upwards for support from government, as we've seen recently from the CDS with his rather frank comments on the cost of living / pay competitiveness issue.

The only effective PR regarding systemic issues is fixing those issues.
I wish we were as determined to make of the CAF a credible forces as you are about what you are saying. Telling people they are dinosaures /out of touch/out dated/etc when you dont know them is not a winning way coming from someone that praise diversity and respect.

Yes, the messenging is important and as @Halifax Tar said, I could'nt care less what you are, just be agressive and work hard. Now, I heard that 25% of the members who are releasing are directly putting the recent policies as the prime causes. Right now, the message that is generally understood by the members is that GoC is making their best to make what is left of the CAF (or even Canada for the last weeks) even less credible.

Thanks... There goes my evening lol
Fun fact about Dallas Alexander, he is one of a number of Canadian Snipers that has achieved notoriety for his skill at arms.

Every single Sniper of any public notoriety in the CAF has had the CoC and the CAF launch witch hunts against them 🤣

20060515.jpg

Fun fact about Dallas Alexander, he is one of a number of Canadian Snipers that has achieved notoriety for his skill at arms.

Every single Sniper of any public notoriety in the CAF has had the CoC and the CAF launch witch hunts against them 🤣

20060515.jpg

I was pretty shocked at what he said happened to him when he wouldn’t put the mask on.

Really glad I chose to watch that episode. Thanks for linking it- I hadn’t heard of the controversy as I refuse to voluntarily watch any “news”…

20060515.jpg

It brings me back to be Canadian. We don't celebrate our accomplishments. We should be proud of what we've accomplished.

and a max of three terms, living in sub standard housing......

…and made to eat expired/expiring IMPs for a few weeks so they don’t have to be thrown out…

(They did that to us on IMPACT Roto 2, because some dim-wit decided IMPs were required on an airbase with a DFAC and told us we weren’t allowed to go swipe there for certain meals)

…and made to eat expired/expiring IMPs for a few weeks so they don’t have to be thrown out…

(They did that to us on IMPACT Roto 2, because some dim-wit decided IMPs were required on an airbase with a DFAC and told us we weren’t allowed to go swipe there for certain meals)
I swear some people only exist to spout dumb ideas out loud & make life annoying for those who come across them 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ll bet you not one other person had remotely the same thought process in their heads. Just that special person. Like an annoying NPC…

Please tell me it wasn't one of my fellow tradesmen who inflicted this on you ?

It happens on lots of missions. Mostly because rations are a pain to dispose of properly as they have to be rendered inedible before disposal. Often that means flying the rations back to Canada as well, considering most countries won't allow foodstuffs from other countries to be disposed of locally. From a cost perspective it is often easier to eat them.

Even if it was, why did the C of C allow it?
Likely cause CJOC determined it was the best option for disposal

They did that to us on IMPACT Roto 2, because some dim-wit decided IMPs were required on an airbase with a DFAC and told us we weren’t allowed to go swipe there for certain meals

Weren’t you LRP people at club med Al Salem? Yeaaahhh no sympathy from us Al Jabers. 😬 We didn’t see a flight line DFAC, if you could even call it that, until 4 months in.

Re reconstitution lol

27CEDE14-1B42-4DC0-B6B1-C4B032948432.jpeg

Please tell me it wasn't one of my fellow tradesmen who inflicted this on you ?

I think it was pretty high up in the JTF-I HQ world. My guess would be a mentally-gifted individual at CJOC thought IMPs were a good idea.

There was zero requirement for them in the first place, so we all thought it was dumb as shit that they were even at our location in the first place. It was just par for the course on the stupid shit CJOC and JTFSC did.

Last edited:
Even if it was, why did the C of C allow it?

Allow it? The CofC (JTF-I) ordered it. It wasn’t optional. You had to draw your IMP and they went as far as to inform the DFAC no Canadians were to swipe for those meals. Lame as fuck.

I’ll be honest; most of us turfed them out as some of them were expired and we didn’t trust them before flying. Then we’d take the crew rigs up to The Rock and hit one of the places to eat - shawarma was popular.

Last edited:
Back