• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recce logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladimer

Inactive
Reaction score
hey guys, wasent sure which forum to put this under so just ended up with this one,

im looking for a logo thats on the recce shirts, not sure how to describe it, remember it being on a greyish shirt with the word RECCE on it.

looking for it in a picture thats like this
http://users.skynet.be/little_donkey/LRRP/lrrp_newlogo.jpg
the word recce should take up the entire picture

(just used that image to show an example, i know it dont look anything like that)

well i hope someone understands what i mean lol just looking for the lettering RECCE on a picture or shirt :)

I've seen a few guys in Edmonton Garrison wearing black shirts with a RECCE tab on the centre(basicially a copy of the Ranger tab shirts).

What do you want a Recce logo/pic for anyways?

MikeL said:
I've seen a few guys in Edmonton Garrison wearing black shirts with a RECCE tab on the centre(basicially a copy of the Ranger tab shirts).

Yep...seen those in KAF as well. Looks stupid as hell.

They couldn't come up with an original logo?    ::)

Regards

Recce doesn't need a logo - recce soldiers should never be seen. ;)

DG

RecceDG said:
Recce doesn't need a logo - recce soldiers should never be seen. ;)

...and I know we don't have one    ;)

Regards

Well, there is;

1) the "tab"

2) the crossed knives for your DEUs

3) the snake/bayonet (sometimes with wings for para)

4) the skull/bayonet (also used for Abn Mortars)

(and my favorite)

5) the skull/snake/bayonet/wings/parachute with crossed knives and "recce" written accross the top.

Most of these are just designed and made up in limited numbers by the guys in Recce Pl. Sometimes they get carried away...

GO!!! said:
5) the skull/snake/bayonet/wings/parachute with crossed knives and "recce" written accross the top.

BBBBWWWWAAAAAWAWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

:rofl:

Regards

You have to be kidding me? Thats taking the coveted LCF to the extreme, a retarded extreme. I mean sure have pride in your job but for the love of God don't be a tool trying to accomplish that prideful look.  ;D

Well, perhaps you should come here and explain to recce platoon what a bunch of "tools" they look like.... ;D

Your logo should say this
"RECCE!  Couldn't find the handle on a coffee cup. Hooray"

;D

Whether it be a logo on a shirt ,a tab ,a medal whatever. They all inspire Esprit de Corps. Something for the new guy to strive towards. What looks stupid some looks like gold to others. The Recce course is one of the toughest TQ 4 courses out there,both physically and mentally. So once you have completed the course it doesn't matter how stupid the shirt or badge looks you are proud to wear it. It allows you to show others what you have accomplished. Kind of like a resume. I agree with Go. If you think it looks stupid just walk into any Recce stores in the CF and tell them their shirts are dumb and see what happens.

I didn't exactly mean the shirt as a whole but when someone noted theyve seen every single bell and whistle on it then well its kind of overkill in my mind. I didn't mean to reference the recce troops as tools. As doing such I have made myself seem a tool. :blotto: Karma.

As long as your not looking for them cheezy 1 VP shirts that say MECCHI, the back reads,"go mech yourself before you reck yourself". We've seen them here in KAF, pretty gay and whatever that statement means, who knows?

How about "Death before dismount" or "Why drive the body when you can drive a LAV?"

;D

In Meaford, sketched into one of the bathroom walls it says "You know you're weak, when your kit carries you..."

I think it was more of a jab at the Armour Corp than Mech, but it still works.  :D

Eons ago I instructed a recce course, and the t-shirt the troops designed was hilarious:

A soldier in a combat uniform and field cap sitting in the cross legged "lotus" position, floating just above the ground.

The logo above the picture read ****, (the course number, can't remember now) "Zen Recce"

I guess you had to see it  ;D

No recce cheerleaders?  "2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!"

Patrolman said:
The Recce course is one of the toughest TQ 4 courses out there,both physically and mentally.

There is an actual course? When I got into recce (a million years ago    ;)    ) it was all OJT and the learning curve was pretty high.
After all these years I'm still learning and expanding my job knowledge.

If you think it looks stupid just walk into any Recce stores in the CF and tell them their shirts are dumb and see what happens.

Must be a VP thing to have your own kit shop? Never seen it anywheres else.

Regards

In the Infantry we have an actual course but we also have occasions where a soldier may not be qualified but be in recce. This usually happens when the Pl is in need of drivers or replacements for people who leave after promotion. Soldiers who have the potential to pass the course are sent as replacements. When a course is run they attend and if they fail they are sent back to a rifle company.

I am actually an RCR not a Patricia, but we also have our own t-shirts. I never bought one I must say. As for recce stores I am referring to where work on a daily basis in garrison, not a kit shop. What's on your t-shirt besides a deer. I forget what it is called it is called not a deer! I say this because I nsaw your Terry Fox run pictures. Anyways keep those recce eyes peeled in A-Stan. ( Are you still there)
                                                                                                                                                              Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back