• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS

LF(CMO)

Inactive
Reaction score
"I myself have become mostly a browser, trying to keep up a little on the military after I left it and Canada about seven years ago. I don't bother posting to anything potentially controversial as I know the reaction I will get. It's easier this way. I belong to other boards where I can say what I want without dealing with overzealous 'board police.' One of them is christianforums.com - and I'm an atheist    I feel more welcome there."  Interesting comment by 'Sigpig', 15 Aug 05            '

Michael, I for one appreciate the way the boards are moderated here. I've been on other chat forums/groups where it's obvious people come along just to disrupt the discussions.

I like this forum for the very reason that moderators like yourself and others, while keeping the boards interesting and allowing contributors the ability to make comments, however controversial, keep a modicum of decorum and respect as a bottom line.

Well done to all of you who work so tirelessly at making these forums a good place for people to share conversations, laughs and even tears with respect and honour to all.

Anyone who comes along to merely 'rabble rouse' will find their way to the door quickly and as someone once pointed out on this board...think of this as a mess that you've been graciously invited into. I do and I'm glad I've always been made to feel most welcome! For those that have been shown the door, it's been my experience that it was well deserved!

The next round is on me!

Splitting off Micheal's post to add it directly to the Conduct Guidelines thread... See http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html for the original post.

Cheers
Mike

Back