• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-enrollment after 5d) release

Status
Not open for further replies.

gargaflute

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there

I'm brand new to this site so please forgive me if similar threads already exist.

Here's my story;

I joined the regular forces in January 2002 as an infantry officer. I was 21 at the time and didn't have a degree. I think my entry program was CEOTP or something like that. I had to finish my degree part time over my 9 year contract.

I did BOTC at St-Jean and graduated in May 2002. I then went to Gagetown and did CAP, I managed to pass. Then I went on phase III infantry in winter 2003 and failed during the last week. I didn't deserve to pass anyway so I won't dwell on that. I asked for an appointment with the BPSO and he basically told me that I couldn't do anything else since I didn't have a degree. So I was recoursed and went to University part-time for the summer and fall. I re-did phase III infantry in winter 2004 and got hurt during the 5th week. I met the BPSO again and tried to get a transfer. I even asked if I could go NCO and once again, I was stuck and couldn't do anything. I went to university part-time again during fall 2004.

I submitted my release in january 2005. My reason was that I wanted to finish my degree and that I wasn’t a good person military-wise (yeah I know, stupid me). I got accepted at Bishop's University and my semester was starting on the 3rd of September 2005.

In late July I finally received my release package which stated that I was to be released under item 5d)

5d) Not Advantageously Employable:  “who, either wholly or chiefly because of the conditions of military life or other factors beyond his control, develops personal weaknesses or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces".

The platoon 2IC told me that I could fill a "complaint" (there was a specific name for that document but I can't remember it). But of course, doing so was gonna push my release date and I was 6 weeks away from starting university, so I signed to thing and officially got released on the 7th of august 2005.

I graduated with a major in psychology and a minor in Spanish. After I graduated, I taught English in South Korea for a year. I then travelled over 3 continents for 5 months. I’m 29 now and I work as a social worker. I speak French, English and Spanish fluently (French being my mother tongue), and I can also get by in Korean. I’m healthy, in good physical shape, no criminal record and my credit is good.

I re-applied as an Intelligence officer for the navy reserve a few weeks ago. All of my tests went well and I didn’t have to redo the aptitude test because it was still valid and I qualified for every trade.

However, during the interview, the captain (a vandoo guy) told me that my file had to go to Ottawa to get an “enrolment exemption” due to my 5d release (exemption d'enrôlement dû à votre libération 5D). He told me that I had a really good interview and strongly suggested that I’d be re-enrolled, but that’s only what he said, doesn’t mean much in the military world I know that.

So anyone could tell me what my chances are? Anyone had a similar story?

Cheers

gargaflute,

Go read the site guidelines and don't post again until you understand them.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back