• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP outside of Canada

Tireurelite

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, I dream of joining the RCMP as a Protective Policing Services but it is possible to work outside of Canada? Like working in the embassy of Canada in Paris? Even if it’s not as PPS agent, is there any another jobs in the RCMP where you can work outside of Canada? 

Tireurelite said:
Hi there, I dream of joining the RCMP as a Protective Policing Services but it is possible to work outside of Canada? Like working in the embassy of Canada in Paris? Even if it’s not as PPS agent, is there any another jobs in the RCMP where you can work outside of Canada?

The RCMP has international liaison officers all over the world. It's a later in your career gig, usually after fifteen or twenty years, and with considerable experience in serious organized crime and/or intelligence and national security. It's the sort of thing you spend a career working towards. There are also opportunities for RCMP members to deploy n international operations either in conflict or post-conflict zones, helping to deliver policing services directly in some cases (e.g. Haiti) or mentoring and training local police services. A few units will also conduct extraterritorial investigations that will take members overseas briefly or occasionally for more prolonged periods. Again this is not stuff you start out in. Finally, within the protective policing world there are VIP protection trained members who will accompany the PM, Governor General, or federal Cabinet ministers overseas on visits, or do advance groundwork for same.

When you say you want to join as 'Protective Policing Services', what do you mean by that? What is it that you envision protective policing to be?

Hi for me the PPS is when you are protecting an important canadian person, that’s it?, I really like Paris and I saw that we have an embassy there and I wanted to know if as an RCMP or a CSIS if there is some work opportunities there! You know like we see in movies there is C.I.A everywhere in the world and I wanted to know if it is the same thing for Canada.

This link from the RCMP website may help
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/international-policing
And from CSIS's website this link on Foreign Operations And International Cooperation
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/hmndbrd/index-en.php

Tom

The Military Police do the same thing as well with the MPSS which deals with embassies and then there is the close protection cell as well which is in charge of protecting certain individuals around the world. I’d say you have a better chance of moving to these positions faster with the MP than you would the RCMP. Have a look around these forums and search around for those trades under the military police branch thread.

Back