• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF Flight Suit (ALSE) - Split from VAdm Norman

I never understood the tan uniforms the zoomies insist on at sea.

The hybrid shirt, I get that for sure. I'm actually not sure about the rest. I didn't find the tan flying stuff any cooler than the green ones, I'd say they breathed LESS for some odd reason.

But, ya arid pattern on a ship? 🤷‍♂️

Say you're an ACSO or AESOP without saying you're an ACSO or AESOP...

"I'm sorry, did you say "shared rooms"?

Eyes What GIF

The hybrid shirt, I get that for sure. I'm actually not sure about the rest. I didn't find the tan flying stuff any cooler than the green ones, I'd say they breathed LESS for some odd reason.

But, ya arid pattern on a ship? 🤷‍♂️

How much cooler does one need to get in the middle of the North Atlantic ? Lol

I never understood the tan uniforms the zoomies insist on at sea.
I’ve never understood why the Navy wants to be camouflaged in the water. Everyone can see the boat, and if you fall in the water I’m pretty sure you’re not playing hide-and-seek.

I’ve never understood why the Navy wants to be camouflaged in the water. Everyone can see the boat, and if you fall in the water I’m pretty sure you’re not playing hide-and-seek.
NCDs are flat black, the RCAF are the ones wearing camo or tan. You maybe thinking of tte USN “blueberries” which are being phased out.

If the Navy really wanted to be visible in the water then our NCDs should be a bright orange. But then I doubt they’d be very popular as “Walking Out” dress.

Ok, I'm a bit curious.

SKT; what's the thought process on this? I'm baffled - even when we went on CARIBBE and it was hot as bawls, we still went in green. The only times I was in tan stuff was IMPACT.
Don’t really know. I thought the green nomex suits were a massive improvement on the blue wool flight suits. I have never tried the arid suits.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but the ATLAS suit is meant only as a concept prototype. The positive aspects will be retained and incorporated into whatever the new version will look like, which, when I last checked, was not expected to be in final development for several years to come. Unless someone can convince the Comd RCAF to write off the 14,000 off pairs of one-piece suits recently procured and the 5-7k sets of two-piece CADPAT versions, there is no appetite to expedite the process.

Back