• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking I should be a -100 about now just based on the fact that I'm a Sup Tech, and everybody hates them!!  >:D
Hmmm....absolutely perky.  ;)

This new system is kind of odd.

I have +1/-4 and have only posted 2 replies, neither of which were "bad" posts.

I can see that this new system is going to be more of a joke than anything else.

*sits and waits for more negatives....

Yeah, there needs to be some sort of accountability for these ratings, maybe just some way to click and see a list of who has promoted/demoted you.

This would probably keep the "peer assassination" to a minimum.

Well Folks

Remember, you don't have to post recently to be rated.  Someone may have read one of your past posts in some Thread and made a judgement call there.  Perhaps you just got rated on something you posted months ago......So what did you say then?  Again, just for GO!!! perhaps some contemplation of your navel is required as you reflect on past posts.  (Unless, of course, there is a beer resting on your belly and you can't see your navel.)  ;D

George Wallace said:
Again, just for GO!!! perhaps some contemplation of your navel is required as you reflect on past posts.   (Unless, of course, there is a beer resting on your belly and you can't see your navel.)    ;D
I'd like the opportunity to contemplate his navel!!

+1 for the suggestion!!
And +1 for GO!!! once every 5 hours if he follows your suggestion  >:D

darn George beat me to what I wanted to say.
Remember, you don't have to post recently to be rated.  Someone may have read one of your past posts in some Thread and made a judgement call there.  Perhaps you just got rated on something you posted months ago

Para,
if the friendship dues you owe me doesn't make it to me in the next 4 hrs and 42 mins, youre getting another demote point... >:D

And then of course there will always be people who just negative upon you for absolutely no reason ;)

Don't read too much into it. I'm not.  I'd rather see something more...robust.

Armymedic said:
Para,
if the friendship dues you owe me doesn't make it to me in the next 4 hrs and 42 mins, youre getting another demote point... >:D
dude, talk to Mo-mo. I gave him 50 bucks to hand to you. If he denies it, don't believe him!
He's got yo' benjamins, homey. Word.

hey, Mike! Is there any way you can give me, like, -1,000,000? That would be HI-larious!

Springroll said:
I'm catching up Paracowboy....

only 2 more negatives to go

oops, look like you spoke too soon. 15 mins later, and you've passed him.

Yippee!!

I am going to aim at getting the highest negatives without posting....just watch the numbers climb ;D

I got a -1...can you imagine that!

maybe its because I start every post in the cadet forum with; "Cadets don't need..." >:D

HAHAHA...Ahem.

Cheers

Slim

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that it's people's past "performance" that is accounting for the majority of the scoring right now. I'm pretty sure I know who have "tagged" me for my negative scores, and I accept that, more out of having a basic understanding human nature.

I think there is a basic desire to be "liked" and some people take a perverse glee in being disliked. "To Thine Own Self Be True", courtesy of Willy Shakespeare, is what I've grown up to follow. To be honest, I think I would sooner give someone a "promotion" based on how they say something, rather than what they say (i.e. I completely disagree with them, but they are articulate and passionate in what they say). Of course there are limits: no matter how ardently you support the practice of pedophilia, you won't get my backing. Nor the Liberal party  ;D

I haven't demoted anybody yet, so all those fingers poised over the 'demote' button for me can go ahead and press down: I don't tit for tat. I no doubt will "punish" somebody in the future for their inanity, but I can see that there will now be competitions, of sorts, to see who can get the lowest score. Let the games begin......

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back