• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rank inflation/appointments/ranking above one's weight (split from CDS promos)

Journeyman said:
Having an Int Coy in Toronto and an Int Pl in Ottawa only allowed for 1 Major line-serial.....so now they're both Int Coys.

......and don't forget the IA cultists  ;)

Still trying to figure out why "IA" isn't spelled "INT", as most of that (save some direct CIMIC functions) are largely sub-sets of spookdom...and even then you could even argue that CIMIC is spookdom.  There, you could chop one large tree down, take some of the acorns away and revitalize a forest that's already there...

Of course, because that makes sense (at least to this dumb meduck guy  ;D), we do the more expensive opposite, correct?

Edit for spelling/intracranial flatulence

dapaterson said:
Not sure where #6 came from - one per LFA + the pl now a Coy = 6.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see another pop up - sort of like whack a mole.

There are only 5:

3 INT Coy in Halifax
4 INT Coy in Montreal and Quebec City/Valcartier
2 INT Coy in Toronto
6 INT Coy in Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver
and
7 INT Coy in Ottawa, which was larger than all the rest when it was 2 INT Platoon (historically a Reserve offshoot from the SSF Int cell, not the Coy in Toronto).

George Wallace said:
There are only 5:

3 INT Coy in Halifax
4 INT Coy in Montreal and Quebec City/Valcartier
2 INT Coy in Toronto
6 INT Coy in Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver
and
7 INT Coy in Ottawa, which was larger than all the rest when it was 2 INT Platoon (historically a Reserve offshoot from the SSF Int cell, not the Coy in Toronto).

Quite the little empire and IA is starting to become one as well

Jim Seggie said:
Quite the little empire and IA is starting to become one as well

There has been quite a trend in the last decade or so to amalgamate some Trades.  Look what they did to the Fin Clks and Admin Clks to give us what we have today in the RMS Clk Trade. 

Jim Seggie said:
......and IA is starting to become one as well
And what an empire it is.  When even the LCol who's herding them refers to IA as "the land of the misfit toys," you know they're not getting the pick of the litter.  ;)

Journeyman said:
And what an empire it is.  When even the LCol who's herding them refers to IA as "the land of the misfit toys," you know they're not getting the pick of the litter.  ;)

So you're saying that even the spooks don't want them?

dapaterson said:
...Reserves 2000 is a band of mathematically challenged blowhards, who don't understand that an Army Reserve of 20K, all ranks, can never support 51 infantry Bns and 18 Armd and 17 Arty and 10 Engr and 10 CSS and 10 Sigs and 5 Int and 10 Bde HQs, and still have any meaningful number of troops below each HQ.

Yes: that is a polite term for R2000.  I was sitting in the Comd's office when he took the call from this clown, and I thought he handled it quite well.  When this cretin was finished threatening, the Comd said  "Sir : I speak for the soldiers on the armoury floor. Who do you speak for?". I couldn't hear the answer but I hope it floored him.

dapaterson said:
It was "Land Force Reserve Restructure" or LFRR.

Since then, the Res Svc Bn amalgamations were done nation wide, giving one per Res Bde now.  Of course, Inf, Armd and Arty are sacred, so we can't do the same there.

Reserves 2000 is a band of mathematically challenged blowhards, who don't understand that an Army Reserve of 20K, all ranks, can never support 51 infantry Bns and 18 Armd and 17 Arty and 10 Engr and 10 CSS and 10 Sigs and 5 Int and 10 Bde HQs, and still have any meaningful number of troops below each HQ.

the Arty reserve units are very political. For instance, one of the biggest obstacles to the plan to replace the 105mm with the 120mm mortar is the task to do gun salutes for the opening of the provincial parliaments and honourary colonels of the units.  It might seem odd, but some some these are no fail tasks

Bird_Gunner45 said:
the Arty reserve units are very political. For instance, one of the biggest obstacles to the plan to replace the 105mm with the 120mm mortar is the task to do gun salutes for the opening of the provincial parliaments and honourary colonels of the units.  It might seem odd, but some some these are no fail tasks

Oh? The combat arms trades aren't as heavy with the politics? Since getting back in, and in arty,I'm very surprised by the emphasis of networking and politicking. I'm not here to change everything. It's just a new ball of wax and thought I was on my own.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
....one of the biggest obstacles to the plan to replace the 105mm with the 120mm mortar is the task to do gun salutes for the opening of the provincial parliaments .....
I think opening Parliaments and other government institutions with 120mm mortar rounds could be an awesome idea.  :nod:

Journeyman said:
I think opening Parliaments and other government institutions with 120mm mortar rounds could be an awesome idea.  :nod:

guy_fawkes.jpg

One of your ancestors?

Journeyman said:

With mortars full of confetti.......

Journeyman said:

Can mortars fire flaming bags of shit?

recceguy said:
Can mortars fire flaming bags of crap?

I am not sure but maybe if we propose it someone will give us the ok to open a project shop that can keep us amused for 10 years....and get paid for it.

Journeyman said:

You could open up Parliament that way, but it would take a lot of 2x4's and plywood to cover up the opening afterwards.... >:D

dapaterson said:
It was "Land Force Reserve Restructure" or LFRR.

Since then, the Res Svc Bn amalgamations were done nation wide, giving one per Res Bde now.  Of course, Inf, Armd and Arty are sacred, so we can't do the same there.

Reserves 2000 is a band of mathematically challenged blowhards, who don't understand that an Army Reserve of 20K, all ranks, can never support 51 infantry Bns and 18 Armd and 17 Arty and 10 Engr and 10 CSS and 10 Sigs and 5 Int and 10 Bde HQs, and still have any meaningful number of troops below each HQ.

A link to their website was recently circulated on our regimental net.
http://www.reserves2000.org/

Back