• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R.I.P. "Two Fat Ladies"

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
LOVED the series (including the episode cooking for an officer's mess dinner at a Ghurka Rifles barracks) - will have to drag out the DVDs for a memorial viewing.
Clarissa Dickson Wright, one half of TV cookery duo Two Fat Ladies with the late Jennifer Paterson, has died in Edinburgh aged 66.

The former barrister filmed four series of the BBC Two programme before Paterson's death in 1999.

"Her fun and laughter, extraordinary learning and intelligence, will be missed always, by so many of us," said a statement from her agent.

Dickson Wright died on Saturday at Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary.

"Loved dearly by her friends and many fans all over the world, Clarissa was utterly non-PC and fought for what she believed in, always, with no thought to her own personal cost," said agent Heather Holden-Brown.

She and Paterson were brought together for Two Fat Ladies by TV director Patricia Llewellyn in 1996, during which they were often seen travelling the UK together in their motorbike and sidecar in search of good British grub ....
BBC, 17 Mar 14
_73627360_twofatladies.jpg

I used to watch it all the time.  "More cream, more cream!"  :nod:

My fave line:  "This dish (bubble & squeak) is meant to be made with lard.  If you don't have any lard, just don't make it."

Back