• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quickest way in

P-Free

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on the quickest way to BMQ? Which trades are processed the quickest? Combat arms?

Hmmmm.  Don't you think it would be more important to choose a trade you are suited for and will enjoy, than the one that gets you in the fastest?

beach_bum said:
Hmmmm.  Don't you think it would be more important to choose a trade you are suited for and will enjoy, than the one that gets you in the fastest?

My thoughts exactly.

beach_bum said:
Hmmmm.   Don't you think it would be more important to choose a trade you are suited for and will enjoy, than the one that gets you in the fastest?

No.

P-Free said:

Then in that case, you my friend are liable to find yourself a very unhappy camper when you're in a trade you had no initial interest in.

The different trades, are exactly that...different. I would be more focused on picking one that you will make a happy career out of, not what is the quickest way to misery. But of course, that's just my opinion.

P-Free said:
Anyone have any idea on the quickest way to BMQ? Which trades are processed the quickest? Combat arms?

Hmm...

Jump the fence at St. Jean.  :blotto:

Seriously, it took me 2 months and lots of research to decide what MOC I wanted to be. Take everbody else's advice and pick a trade you want.

Well as a little bit of background, I didn't qualify for my first choice (Sig Op) because I didn't have a drivers license, which set me back a couple of months, and currently am stuck in a dead end job so am just trying to figure out the best way to get to basic as soon as possible.

P-Free, i see you're 17 years old. Can I go out on a limb and give you some advice? Im about 2 years older than you, and i can assure you life changes fairly drastically in the period you are approaching. I would suggest dont rush, take your time in choosing an MOC, and ensure its what you want (despite how long it takes).

You'll be happier with the end result, i guarantee you.

Well I can honestly say that I am joining to serve, not to be a part of any one MOC.

I'd be happy doing whatever and have no expectations.

P-Free said:
Well I can honestly say that I am joining to serve, not to be a part of any one MOC.

I'd be happy doing whatever and have no expectations.

Join as a steward.........you're going to love that one ;D

Hmmm..actually when I went to the recruiting center I was told it was being fazed out..  :p

aesop081 said:
Join as a steward.........you're going to love that one ;D

LOL, thats not very nice!!!  BTW, who is the "steward" on the Aurora in the absence of a real one or does the pilot fetch his own brew?

P-Free said:
Hmmm..actually when I went to the recruiting center I was told it was being fazed out..   :p

Phased ......phased....phased......

Then by all means...join anything.  When you realize that you hate it........it'll only be 3 years until you can unceremoniously get out.

To answer your question, my recruiter told me that the combat arms are dying for people right now(looking for over 200)...that may be the way you want to go, provided you have truly thought all of this out.

Well am still on a mission to find out what "anything" is.  ;D

whiskey601 said:
LOL, thats not very nice!!!  BTW, who is the "steward" on the Aurora in the absence of a real one or does the pilot fetch his own brew?

3 words......Acoustic Sensor Operator ( an officer - air nav)

P-Free said:

Yes - we all understand that.  The question is in what capacity of service will YOU be happiest?

It's easy to get all patriotic and just want to be an "Army Guy", or "Sailor", or whatever - but when you have to go to work EVERY day, doing a job that you've come to despise - your initial urge "to serve" will NOT sustain you - you think you're stuck in a "dead end" job NOW - wait until you CAN'T legally quit when you want to!  You will become despondent, start to screw up, and become a liability to the CF, rather than the asset you aspire to be.

I understand your disappointment at being refused your initial choice - but I've got to wonder - why would you let something like a driver's license stop you?  If that's all it takes to stop you in your tracks, then any future enemy you may face is going to have an easy time of it.

Get to a driver's academy, take the damned course, pass the bloody exam, and get the license!

Get to it - let us know how you make out.

Springroll said:
To answer your question, my recruiter told me that the combat arms are dying for people right now(looking for over 200)...that may be the way you want to go, provided you have truly thought all of this out.

Hmmm..."dying for people"..that doesn't sound too appealing.. ;) ;D

Back