• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Turnaround Time?

B

Bringer

So I got a call this morning. The sergeant at the recruiting office calls me up and gives me the good news that I‘ve been medically approved and have a job offer. I‘m a little surprised because so far this timeline has been close to what the recruiter promised me and no where near as long as the horror stories on this forum had led me to believe.

So here‘s the timeline:

May 26ish: I call the recruiting office and schedule an interview.
May 28: I go in for the first interview and decide that this is what I want.
June 5: I do my CFAT, Physical, Medical, and final interview.
July 4: Get a call saying my medical had been approved.
September 8: Start of BRT in Saint Jean.
November 17: QL3 in Wainwright, with final destination in the PPCLI.

From the start they had been saying I could expect to start 4 to 6 weeks after my medical came back, and the medical would take around four weeks, so they weren‘t off by much.

I‘m hoping the fact that I was given a start date to my Infantry training means I won‘t get stuck in a PAT platoon after BRT, but who knows... just glad I‘ve been given the offer right now.

I wonder how cold Wainwright gets in the winter...

hey congratulations, I handed in my application an everythin yesterday, they opened my file, and scheduled my CFAT, MED, interview all for the 16th, which I thought was pretty quick too considering alot of people on these forums saying they were waiting like 3 weeks before even being called to come in, maybe we were just lucky ;)

That‘s weird, they scheduled all yours all for one day, I have to go in portions. did my physical and CFAT on june 25th, actually when i went in they said someone made a mistake I have to do it on july 2nd, but they let me do it anyway. So I did my medical on 2nd, now my interview is on the 23rd i think. I

are you going reg or res? im going for reg force infantry, plus it wasnt very busy, maybe thats got somethin to do with it :cdn:

oh ya, i‘m going for reserves, so that‘s prob why.

Good luck, btw, Clinton. I‘m from London as well, and plan on dropping off my application within the next few weeks, once I feel I‘m a little more prepared, physically.

Who knows - perhaps we may end up taking Basic together, if things work out.

The recruiter I spoke to not 3 days ago said what you experienced: that they could schedule the appointments for the tests fairly quickly. The biggest holdup is once they send your application to the regional Medical center. Then it takes up to 1-3 months.

i have done most of my application i just have my fitness to pass i really hope to get into infintry. I always wanted to join since i was a young kid

hehe that‘s cool,I hope u do good. I had trouble pickin my occupation, I switched between infantry and artillery like 7 times. Afterwards my paper looked like my english homework, messy. Anyway goodluck. tell us how u do.

Hey Bringer,

Good news brother.
My time line has been pretty close to yours, except for a two week delay getting a form filled out for my medical (due to a couple of broken collarbones), right now I‘m waiting on Borden. Hopefully things for me will go that smooth too, but right now I‘ve got that bored waiting feeling.

Oh, and about Wainwright in the winter, it‘s not really any colder than Edmonton, not that that‘s saying much. :p I miss Alberta, just not cold/hot enough on the west coast.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully I‘ll see you on the other side.

Back