• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question about possible time off during BMQ

GENOMS Soilder

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a quick question.
I'm leaving this summer for the BMQ, SQ and Arty Training, and I was wondering if there was a possibility for time off for personal matters.
The time I'm thinking is early July, for my sisters University Graduation, and I could be in a course thats starts as early as May 24.
Just looking for some knowledge on this situation I have.

Thanks

As far as I know as long as you are on course, you will not get time off to go anywhere. I believe if you miss 48hrs of classes (2 days) or more, you will be automatically re-coursed.

dan476 said:
As far as I know as long as you are on course, you will not get time off to go anywhere. I believe if you miss 48hrs of classes (2 days) or more, you will be automatically re-coursed.

This is absolutely untrue. As long as you have a simply marvelous reason not to be there (tummyache, overslept, cat couldn't pass a hairball), the staff will bend over backwards. I mean, training to fight and kill is one thing... fluffy's bowel movements are another entirely....

Kat

Kat Stevens said:
This is absolutely untrue. As long as you have a simply marvelous reason not to be there (tummyache, overslept, cat couldn't pass a hairball), the staff will bend over backwards. I mean, training to fight and kill is one thing... fluffy's bowel movements are another entirely....

Kat

haha is this suppose to be a joke?

Absolutely not. I'm horrified you would even consider me making light of such an earth-shaking event.

Kat

Kat Stevens said:
Absolutely not. I'm horrified you would even consider me making light of such an earth-shaking event.

Kat

Hahaha Kat you actually made me think for a second that you were serious until I checked out your profile. But yeah I stand corrected: if your cat couldn't pass a hairball, you automatically get one month of compassionate leave with a possibility of extended PAID leave.

Cheers

GENOMS Soldier said:
I have a quick question.
I'm leaving this summer for the BMQ, SQ and Arty Training, and I was wondering if there was a possibility for time off for personal matters.
The time I'm thinking is early July, for my sisters University Graduation, and I could be in a course thats starts as early as May 24.
Just looking for some knowledge on this situation I have.

Thanks

Go back to your unit and tell them you have made a terrible mistake because you thought you were going to summer camp not Army training.

"genoms soldier" if everyone took leave for personal reasons like that the whole military would grind to a halt and crumble apart. I had to miss my mothers swearing in and eventually miss her parade when she was in IAP (looking like I will probably miss her BOTC graduation too). I couldn't ask for "time off" for "personal matters" to watch it.

In all seriousness, it is possible to get a day or two off for personal matters, a buddy of mine last summer got a leave pass for the weekend to fly back home to attend his sister's wedding. But something like a graduation, I don't know...your best bet would be to send up a memo through your chain of command once you get on course (and learn how to write proper memos.)

Back