• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*quick* need help with rucksack

Da_man

Reaction score
I exchanged my rucksack today and im having some problems with the soulder straps, those that attach to the top of the ruck.  I have a little guide that explains how to rig it up, but they dont mention these straps anywhere.

I search the forums and found nothing relevant.

The yoke (padded shoulder strap thing) attaches part way down the frame, with  two horizontal straps and two vertical ones, IIRC. Then you have the two straps that come off the tops of the shoulder straps. These attach to the very top of the ruck frame. They are there to keep the top end of the frame as close to your back as possible, and should be the last straps tightened. They should be relatively parallel to the ground if the ruck is worn properly.

Yes i know that... but i cant figure out how to to strap them properly, so i that can adjust the them when the ruck is on my back. 

On both sides there is is strap that starts from the yoke and one that starts from the ruck itself, just below the zipper of the top pouch.

I'll have to look at my ruck when i get home to confirm, but i think the straps below the zipper on the top pouch don't go to the yoke. They go to the buckles like an inch below that, and are useful for strapping stuff to the ruck.  I believe that the straps coming off the yoke should be long enough to go through the frame and back to the buckles on the yoke. Then again, my memory is not the greatest.

You might have the actual sleeping bag valise straps in your hands there!

I got really confused with those because they were completely unattached to the rucksack or frame and I was left guessing until I called a pal...

If possible, get someone to show you how to put it together in person or over the phone even. It's a bi*ch the first time regardless...

Joe

Back