• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

question to the infanteers !;d

jabraun

Inactive
Reaction score
when you first were sent to BMQ and they told you, you were to be rcr, ppcli, or van doo(sp?) when you were done with all your training were you posted there? reason i ask is i had wanted ppcli because all my family are near me sorta but i got put in RCR because ppcli was full which means ill be sent to opposite side of canada...which isnt to bad i guess but it will be a bit of a change being ive lived at home all my life hehe hope this makes sense

I'm not really sure what your question is....

please elaborate and we'll be happy to answer anything you give us, unless of course we have answered it before and then I'm sure someone will give you a link to the forum the question was answered on.

sorry it was a bit rambling, question is when they say your rcr will you be posted at a rcr base after all your training...no way you can hop back to ppcli or is it final your in rcr.

To re-word that with what I'm pretty sure he's saying:

If during the application process you are told you will join RCR, PPCLI, etc, can you be sure that is what you will join once you've completed training?

You can do what is called a re-badge, that is where you go from one regiment to another, they used to be fairly hard to get but recently I heard of them becoming much more common.

you can also right at the start of your BMQ in St Jean request the re-badge right off the bat and then go to the battle school of the regiment you wanted initially instead of going to say the RCR battle school in Meaford when you wanted to go PPCLI. That was of course something that happen about say 6yrs or so ago so that could also have changed.

to summarize there is a possibility to change regiments after one has been assigned to you.

Back