• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding the selection process.

Stirling N6123

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I have an application in with Kingston CFRC. Just received a call saying that I will have my CFAT on May 3rd, depending on the outcome of the CFAT, I will have a medical exam, then my Interview? From what I have read on these boards the last little while, that process seems a little backward. Is the CFAT, Physical test not to be done first? Then the interview and medical, then the background checks? Or does each CFRC conduct the process as they see fit?

Also, I have applied for AVN tech, Traffic Tech and Aerospace contoller. I thought I saw somewhere the numbers for this year FY05/06 as to what they were looking for with respects to each trade? Does anybody have the numbers they could share with me? Thanks.

recruiter told me today that avn is somewhere around 120 this year traffic technician was 27 or somewhere around there

Apollo13 said:
Good day,

I have an application in with Kingston CFRC. Just received a call saying that I will have my CFAT on May 3rd, depending on the outcome of the CFAT, I will have a medical exam, then my Interview? From what I have read on these boards the last little while, that process seems a little backward. Is the CFAT, Physical test not to be done first? Then the interview and medical, then the background checks? Or does each CFRC conduct the process as they see fit?

Also, I have applied for AVN tech, Traffic Tech and Aerospace contoller. I thought I saw somewhere the numbers for this year FY05/06 as to what they were looking for with respects to each trade? Does anybody have the numbers they could share with me? Thanks.

Standardized processing (as of 01 Apr 05) is such that the CFAT is done first then if you are successful you do either the interview or the med next.   The background check will be done shortly afterwards. Once your med is forwarded to Borden and there is an indication that you will meet the common enrolment enrolment standards then you will be booked for your PT.   Since you have not been processed for the military before, I am a little perplexed as to how you would think or know something was being done backwards but then again you have based your knowledge from what has, for the most part, been erroneously posted on this board.   Perhaps you should just go to your appointment and do what you are told and when you are told to do it.   That way your transition from the civilian world to the military will be so much easier.   Good luck.

Hi Apollo13,

I am also from Kingston and have submitted my application as well.  Was just curious as to how long ago you submitted yours?
Thanks
P

If you must know.....August 13th 2004. I received a call April 2nd, 2005.

I was having a verification of former service check done, that was the hold up. So I have been told the 1000,000,000 times I called.

I've have to say that the recruiting process is dependant of your recruiting office.  Some locations have excellent well intended and informed staff that will truly make the difference.

I was totally shocked, when the Fredericton recruiting office accepted my application in Nov for a CT and by the end of Feb had all of my CFAT, Med, Express and Interview completed.

My interviewer at the time recommended me for the AVN trade which was my first pick anyhow.  What caught me by surprise was the fact he said that we were probably late for the May course load and that I would most likely be course loaded in June / July.  I was not expecting any type of answer / offers until approx 8 months to 1 year.

Back