• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding the Reserves.(Regular Officer Training Plan)

noah

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I was browsing the Forces.ca website a few weeks ago and it said a 16 year old can do the Regular Officer Training Plan.
I was extremely interested because I am turning 16 on December 25th.  From this point, I have heard rumours that
you must be 17 to do the Regular Officer Training Plan, opposed to 16 years of age.  Does anyone know the correct
answer?  I'm very nervous because I'd want to do the Regular Officer Training Plan at the start of next year
rather then my graduating year in high-school.

P.S.  I'm sorry if this has been posted prior to this thread but I couldn't find the answer using the search button.(That has been
updated recently)
-Noah.

I wouldn't get too excited - we allow 16-year-olds to apply and be enrolled into ROTP primarily for Royal Military College.  This is due to education standards differing between provinces.  Normally these 16-year-old officer cadets are packed off to the prep school in St-Jean before going on to Kingston.  And, again, reservists are not enrolled under ROTP; otherwise they wouldn't be reservists.  Check out the recruiting website and then call or visit your nearest recruiting centre for more information.

Back