• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding 2006 AI Fitness testing

Qbranch

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding this year's AI fitness testing which must be completed before you sign up, and when you arrive at the camp.
I understand that you must receive a min. aggregate score of 9 to pass the test, and be admitted to the camp
I have no problems with the endurance run, or the pushup element of the test, its just the sit-ups that are confusing me.
The min. score you can receive for sit-ups is 4, and to do that (for males) you must get 42 Sit-ups (as perscribed in the guidelines) in one minute. This seems like an outrageous amount for a minute!! Even if you go at the steady pace of 1 second "curling up" and 1 second "curling down" then you still only get 30 situps in a minute.
Also, to pass the fitness test, must you pass every element, or can you collectively get over the min. passing score of 9 by failing one element, but still get over 9 in the other two (i.e. 4pts for endurance run, 7pts for pushups, 0pts for situps = 11pts)

guidelines can be found here: http://www.aircadetleague.bc.ca/schol_criteria/Athletic_Instructor.PDF

42 sit-ups isin't really an outrageous amount.

Most unfit people can drop and do at least 20 or so in that time frame, so someone training to go to AI should be able to do it no problem.

Back