• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on force generation for TF 1-08

Steve 1 RNFLDR

Inactive
Reaction score
Would somebody be able to inform me as to 1) which battalion TF 1-08 is being built around,  2) which area the reserves for the tour are being drawn from, and 3) how difficult it woud be (not entirely hypothetically) for a fellow from, say, LFAA to get on a TF drawn from LFWA or LFCA?

At the moment I'm still "waiting on a position number" for TF 1-07, though the prospects are looking rather bleak to say the least, given that the confirmation ex is already well underway.  Consequently, I need to look at my options and determine the quickest route overseas.  If I don't have much of a shot at going on 1-08, I'll be awfully tempted to CT back to the regulars in order to get back overseas within what I'd consider an acceptable timeframe. 

Thanks for any input.

I would think that this is somewhat of an opsec issue. Not to get into any areas outside my lane but from what I have heard TF will be drawn solely from their areas be it LFWA, LFCA or otherwise. Apparently res inclusive. Of course this is all out the window if posn cant be filled

Steve 1 RNFLDR..
Just a suggestion here..
Go to the unit. Ask Chuck to check CFTPO.
Or he can call us in Moncton

Doog

TF 1-08 is being force generated from LFWA.  I am coordinating the CFTPO build and manning....drop me an email if you have specific questions.  I would prefer to chat via military email.  Cheers

Jeff

Much obliged, folks.  Got some news at work, this evening, however.  Brigade asked for people for 1-07, my name got submitted (again), and now we're waiting on confirmation from Area.  Things might be looking up.

If anyone has any questions concerning TF 1-08 that your chain of command can not answer....feel free to drop me a line...

Cheers

Jeff

The website is one of the first steps to get the message out about TF1-08.  We tried to make sure we learned the lessons from the past deployments and in this case will guarantee deployment but not necessarily employment...ie the TO&E could change but that will not result in a reservist getting dumped from the deployment....this is taking into account that the reservist likely quit there job or school to volunteer.  It is my hope that we can crack the nut on this early so we can plan how we want to deal with the problem rather than endless series of reacting....

Cheers

Jeff

We tried to make sure we learned the lessons from the past deployments and in this case will guarantee deployment but not necessarily employment...ie the TO&E could change but that will not result in a reservist getting dumped from the deployment....this is taking into account that the reservist likely quit there job or school to volunteer.  It is my hope that we can crack the nut on this early so we can plan how we want to deal with

Can you explain this ^.I want to go on this Roto but the orders that we got were brief have your name in by end November.We where told if we want outside the wire work up is in January at CFB shilo, but I'm hearing a few differnet stories.Morpheus32 can you help me out with any further dates or a timetable, you can pm me or email my address is listed.

Any info would help thx. :cheers:

Outside the wire positions....report as early as Jan 07 to get an essential PCF courses done....should not be too many people based on the TO&E.  2 Apr 07 report date if you have not completed your IBTS, 15 May if you have completed IBTS Level 1 with your unit.  Anyone who expects to do an outside the wire job must complete the collective training with their assigned unit or subunit.  If you can not meet these timelines then the report date is 30 Jul 07 to conduct IBTS and begin the work ups to the Level 5 live fire.  Staff will be given training at this time.  Everyone will participate in CMTC serial in Oct.  After that TMST for three weeks, Christmas leave, then a little more TMST then deployment....

I hope that answers the question....if not, drop me a line....

For anyone else with a question...don't hesitate to drop me a line...it is very important we get the message....the right message out to everyone interested in the deployment.  We need all hands on deck for this one...

Cheers

Jeff

Steve 1 RNFLDR said:
Much obliged, folks.  Got some news at work, this evening, however.  Brigade asked for people for 1-07, my name got submitted (again), and now we're waiting on confirmation from Area.  Things might be looking up.

good

So 30-Jul is the report date for inside the wire jobs? Or is it the third report date for out side the wire?

30 Jul is the report date for inside the wire.  The outside the wire report dates are 2 Apr and 15 May so that individuals can participate in the BTS with the Battle Group.  The vital ground is all outside the wire people must do the collective training with the teams that will be going into combat. 

Does that answer it?

Cheers

Jeff

Roger, through the thread and pm's you've answered mine and a lot of guys from my regiments questions. Thanks very much for the info. :cheers:

A couple more questions from the boys (some how I have been elected the mouth peice!) -

1. Is TF 1-08 going to do a full 2 month BTE like 1-06 or is going to be a month CMTC serial? The major question is how long will be in the field?

2. TMST trg. Will it be conducted in Shilo regardless of unit or if you are augmented into an Edmonton based unit will TMST trg be conducted in Edmonton?

Thanks again. My peer group is mostly guys that just got back within the last couple of months from TF 1-06. It seems that the many of them want to go back on 1-08 however their primary concern is time spent away from loved ones during the work up period.

Thats exactly what I needed to know Morpheus32.One of the many reason why I like this site.

:fifty:

:cheers:

PhilB said:
A couple more questions from the boys (some how I have been elected the mouth peice!) -

1. Is TF 1-08 going to do a full 2 month BTE like 1-06 or is going to be a month CMTC serial? The major question is how long will be in the field?

2. TMST trg. Will it be conducted in Shilo regardless of unit or if you are augmented into an Edmonton based unit will TMST trg be conducted in Edmonton?

Thanks again. My peer group is mostly guys that just got back within the last couple of months from TF 1-06. It seems that the many of them want to go back on 1-08 however their primary concern is time spent away from loved ones during the work up period.

It will be a regular CMTC serial.  4 weeks if I recall.  I will confirm the exact dates tomorrow when I get to the office.  Please standby.  Bear in mind that there will be a battlegroup exercise (level 5 live) in Shilo just prior to the CMTC exercise.  TMST training will be in both Shilo and Edmonton....Effort will be made to ensure a decent quality of life for augmentees in both Shilo and Edmonton.  We have been examining the available facilities to ensure we don't adopt a Naval hot bunk style of accomodations!  More to follow on this in the next two weeks.

I hope that answers things.....

Cheers

Jeff

Definitly, its not so much quality of life, I spent 9months living in a 300man tent with 1 air conditioner! It's more the ability to drive home on weekends and see 9er. Thanks again

Back