• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about medication restrictions for recruitment

FestiveT

Inactive
Reaction score
I am extremely interested in joining the Canadian Forces, however I have some doubts sticking in the back of my mind. I have high blood pressure, however it is controlled down to a normal pressure by one 30mg Adalat XL pill per day. I also take one 20mg Prozac pill per day to steady out a chemical balance issue. It is nothing near siginificant, I am not bi-polar or anything like that, it's just to control some "slopes and hills", and if needed I could come off of it.
Now, saying that, am I facing rejection because of these two medications?

Thanks in advance.

First off welcome to the Forums,

In my opinion you might aswell ask a recruiting staff member. Your going to have to disclose that info at the time of your medical. I had a specific medical question that I couldn't wait for (little patience), I went into my recruiting center asked for the PA (physicians assistant) email...and sent him the question. I had a pretty concrete answer back within a day. However I did have an application already started. Have you started yours? Or are you just gathering some prelim info?

Ryan

Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the info also. I haven't started the application process, just gathering information over the next couple months.
I'll be going soon to the recruiting center to ask questions, just wanted to get a little heads up on this topic before hand.

Thanks again, I'll try what you recommended.

Sean

I would presume that every case is different, and the specifics are best answered by the people who's job it is to know. You will get people with similar stories (not exact) to yours by doing a search.  Good luck with your application.

Back