• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about equipment us from a civilian

Procrast

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not in the CF however i enjoy reading this board and i have a question.
(i searched but found nothing.)

I am a student in a university and i noticed that many CF members (reserve probably) use some of their equipment ( bags  boots etc) everyday.

i was curious are they permitted to use it for daily use?

thanks,

Procrast.

For the mostpart: No.

Some items may be after market accessories purchased by individuals who believe the current scale of issue is inadequate, or who just want to look like those who do believe that.

Cammo-chic is all the rage these days, and CADPAT is unique.

Just a phase they are going through.

How do you know for sure they are in the CF, lots of people buy and wear surplus boots, bags, coats etc  (otherwise how would the surplus stores stay in business).  There are rules about unauthorized wearing of the uniform, but unless that person is walking around in full uniform (or you personally know they are in), its really hard to peg them as a CF member (see above line).

Well i know 2-3 of them....i asked them the question and they mostly dodge the question.

Procrast said:
Well i know 2-3 of them....i asked them the question and they mostly dodge the question.

- Well, there is your answer.  :D

- If you seek entertainment, use the phrase "mixed dress".

Generally, items that do not identify you as a CF member are permissible for wear. Shoes and boots fit that category as they don't have CF identifiers on them.  

well the bag has the lil canadian flag on it and their family name written by pen  ::)

Procrast said:
well the bag has the lil canadian flag on it and their family name written by pen  ::)

A Canadian Flag and a surname doesn't even identify you as a Canadian citizen.

Procrast, there's no need for the rolling eyes.  There are people trying to provide you the information you seek, but they only have the info you have provided to work with.  If you want better answers, you will have to provide more details.

Milnet.ca Staff

What about using a small pack when you are not in uniform? I would also like to ask, as I have just started reading the posts on this site regularly, what is a troll and why do some people get called that?

mloc said:
What about using a small pack when you are not in uniform? I would also like to ask, as I have just started reading the posts on this site regularly, what is a troll and why do some people get called that?

Re: troll, see this

mloc said:

I seem to recall there was some discussion about the Small Pack being acceptable to use as a day pack out of uniform.  Doing so, however, looks just foolish and I can't stand it - there's perfectly good daypacks out there cheap that aren't military - I don't know why guys carry them so as to draw attention to themselves at school or the gym or wherever, it's always baffled me.

Well thank you very much for your help Mr. O'Leary. It is good to know that there are people out there willing to pass on a little information to a new guy and not treat him like a moron. Redeye, on my way home from my unit I stop off at the fitness center at the Garrison, work out then go home, when I leave I am in civvies, with a CADPAT small pack. I don't go walking through the mall or anything, I only ask because i just thought of it and was curious.

You're quite welcome, you have probably noticed that we encourage the use of search functions here and in the wider internet.

Which, of course, O'Leary, I did, but when you type "troll" into google it hardly comes up with an entry as to how the term is used in the context of this website. At least your comments and attitude have been a shining example of the respect and tolerance one can expect from staff members of this site. You represent them well. It is unfortunate that my lack of knowledge has burdened you to the extent you felt the need to "put me in my place." Alas, fear not, my first experience (very first question even) on this site, has sufficiently opened my eyes to the realization that this site is not the place for me, or my similarly dull witted friends and colleagues. Trouble is...I still don't know what the hell a troll is, lol.

Did you, perhaps, think to try typing internet troll or forum troll to find your answer?

At what point did you think we were a private service to answer simple questions?

Edited to add:

When I put troll into Google, the first hit returned is:

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll - 48k

mloc said:
Trouble is...I still don't know what the hell a troll is, lol.

Which mean you didn't put "troll" on the search engine in the first page. Suggestion : do it and read before replying...

Back