• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Dress Regulations....

Talon16

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm an Officer Cadet with the ROTP Program and I've been in the military now for three years, one year as a reservist NCM. I was just wondering what the dress regs are for Air Force DEUs regarding the wearing of a Peak Cap with my #1's for Remembrance Day or just in general. I have a Peak Cap and my air force badge for it, but I was just wondering if you can't wear it or you can wear it instead of the wedge (as optional). Thanks guys!

OCdt Dornan
ROTP Halifax, Assistant Adj, WNSR

As a result of a discussion this past summer, checked out this matter through the CAS Cheif Warrant Officer and the answer was yes, the forage cap rmains authorized for wear with DEU for air officers.

That said, it is not particularly fashionable. 

Steel Badger said:
Nor are these "trouser" things many poor folk are forced to wear! >:D

I thought that only shirts and shoes were required.  >:D

They don't teach people how to look up regulations at RMC?  You folks don't have access to the DIN/Intranet?

From CFP265, Chap 6 Orders of Dress, Section 1, Para's 5(a) and 5(a)(1):

5. Air Force Uniforms

a. Except as noted in sub-paragraph b., air force personnel shall wear the following headdress:

(1) ceremonial, mess and service dress – cap/hat service dress (officers and CWOs), wedge cap, tuque, Yukon cap, or turban;

I have to say I am not sure why people find these things so hard to find.  Go to the Ref, its electronic now so you can search for things like "forage cap" "service cap" "peak cap".  Its too easy. 

Eye In The Sky said:
They don't teach people how to look up regulations at RMC?  You folks don't have access to the DIN/Intranet?

From CFP265, Chap 6 Orders of Dress, Section 1, Para's 5(a) and 5(a)(1):

5. Air Force Uniforms

a. Except as noted in sub-paragraph b., air force personnel shall wear the following headdress:

(1) ceremonial, mess and service dress – cap/hat service dress (officers and CWOs), wedge cap, tuque, Yukon cap, or turban;

I have to say I am not sure why people find these things so hard to find.  Go to the Ref, its electronic now so you can search for things like "forage cap" "service cap" "peak cap".  Its too easy. 

Easy there sunshine.  He didn't say anything about being at RMC and I would hazard a guess that he isn't.  I am sure he appreciates the information and the gracious manner in which it was provided.

kincanucks said:
Easy there sunshine.  He didn't say anything about being at RMC and I would hazard a guess that he isn't.

Point for you, my bad and apologies to the OP.

I am sure he appreciates the information and the gracious manner in which it was provided.

My point is, how come people don't know how to find something as simple as the Dress Regs after 4 years in?  It just seems very common for people to 1) not know where to find Dress Regs/DAODs/CFAOs, etc and 2) to actually read and follow them.

I'd of thought the availability of them online and the "information age generation" would be all ramped up on finding stuff these days, but it seems worse than before the DIN/IntraNet.

Backing up eye in the sky, the dress instructions have now been stikied in the uniform board.

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/81170.0.html

Back