• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about CFB Vernon BC

brandonbellerose

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this question has already been asked but this July ill be doing my DP1 & DP2 in Vernon BC, And I just wanted to know if that base has access to Wifi? I am going to be there for about 2 months and I would like to bring my laptop for any down time we may have on our courses.

Thanks.

Don't count on it, though there are probably places in town, should you be granted time off, where you can find Wi-Fi.  The idea you can update FB at your leisure, much less pop in a DVD, while on course is a bit far-fetched.  18+ hour days will be the norm, and there will always be instructors around that will find you something to do if they perceive that you're underemployed or not pulling your weight.

furthermore, don't bring anything on a course like those you're undertaking that have any sentimental value.  You'll be at a premium for space, including and especially the storing of personal items, and the prospect of theft and breakage is quite high. 

Woe to you and your family and friends should your instructors find an unattended mobile phone!

definately not at Camp Vernon, there is cell coverage, however. If you folks have access to the mess on the Cadet camp side apparently there is mess-dues-provided wifi.

This is news to me.  Are they conducting these courses over on the "cadet side?"  I did my Reserve GMT/BTT Inf there in '91 and recall that they shut down ARTS Vernon sometime around '93.  A quick Google Street view of the old camp shows that most of the buildings and H-huts are no longer there.

For those that are still interested.

Armoured Recce DP1 & 2 courses that are run in vernon take place on the west side of the highway, on the hill across from the cadet camp. The shacks will be tents on concrete pads, and will have no association with the cadet camp. Food is catered and sometimes decent. Graduation is, however, on the cadet side and the new Mess is a house with a bar in it.

Additionally last year at the Commanders conference there was talk about re-opening the 400M range in Vernon, alongside using the Cadet camp as the new ASU Chilliwack for stores.

Unsure what else to add, but if anyone has any questions on things to do on time off, the lay-out or anything post up.

Back