• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quebec Tory Senator: Give murderers rope for their cells

jollyjacktar said:
One name for you then... Allan Legere.  Nuff said. :rage:

Ahhh, yet another name from my past being the Miramichi girl that I am.

Technoviking said:
For the suggestion that DNA be the deciding factor, it's only one piece of evidence, and it only proves that a person's DNA is somewhere.  It does not mean that the person was there.  DNA can travel over space and time to end up somewhere by almost any means. 

I'll be very clear here (not necessarily to you) because it seems that some people in this thread have gotten stuck on my mention of DNA. I have never stated that DNA is the only, or the deciding factor, of evidence. But, like it or not, DNA IS indeed the gold standard of such at this point in time scientifically.

For those that keep arguing that DNA can come about to be "in the crime scene" in a variety of manners ... "Duhhhh, I know that!!" BUT, that is what we have trials and defense for in my mind. If you are innocent and there is an innocent explanation for your DNA being on child-rape and murder victim and you find yourself charged and at trial fro such, you get your opportunity to present your dissenting/exonerating evidence; it's not like society would just string you up upon the tree. Jury of your peers and a trial; your chance and opportunity to testify etc. I'm quite OK with that. And, all that is followed by a myriad of appeals before any death sentence would be carried out. I'm quite OK with that too. I'm NOT OK with myself paying to upkeep your murderous child-raping ass after that process has occured. Bye, Bye.

And, being related to one of the co-criminals in Alan Legere's original conviction for the murder and rape/attempted murder in Black River Bridge, having actually drank beers with Alan at the local watering holes, and having actually had a Glendenning directly descended from his original murder victim as my 1st year University room-mate (what are the odds??) and being on post-deployment leave from Namibia in '89 sitting at the farm while the RCMP and military and dogs went through the hunting camps located on grandpie's land after his escape and midst-murder-spree searching for this fucker ... I'd string him up too; myself. And, would sleep soundly each night.

ArmyVern said:
And, being related to one of the co-criminals in Alan Legere's original conviction for the murder and rape/attempted murder in Black River Bridge, having actually drank beers with Alan at the local watering holes, and having actually had a Glendenning directly descended from his original murder victim as my 1st year University room-mate (what are the odds??) and being on post-deployment leave from Namibia in '89 sitting at the farm while the RCMP and military and dogs went through the hunting camps located on grandpie's land after his escape and midst-murder-spree searching for this fucker ... I'd string him up too; myself. And, would sleep soundly each night.
Wow....that's quite the history there.  But, such is life in the Mirimichi.  I was in Gagetown when all that was happening up there.  It's all we heard about.  I recall it vividly (though not as vividly as I imagine you do!!!!)

exabedtech said:
... Olsen and Guy-Paul Morin would be judged equally if we choose the sexual exploitation and murder of children as our litmus test for execution.  Russel Williams and David Milgaard would both be judged the same if it were to be sexual deviants who kill their victims.
Hmmmmm, both of whom were exonerated by ... DNA. 'Nuff said about that gold standard that now exists.  ::)

ArmyVern said:
Hmmmmm, both of whom were exonerated by ... DNA. 'Nuff said about that gold standard that now exists.  ::)
Very good point.  It can be the "linch pin" that clears the air. 

(I was thinking of it tying people TO the crime, not clearing them of it.  Your post sets me straight on that, and NOW I get it)  :)

Technoviking said:
Wow....that's quite the history there.  But, such is life in the Mirimichi.  I was in Gagetown when all that was happening up there.  It's all we heard about.  I recall it vividly (though not as vividly as I imagine you do!!!!)

Between that and this guy, I could write a book on my family, but it's been done already.

Back