• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QC militias/paramilitary groups (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noneck

Inactive
Reaction score
I found this on MP.net, I don't speak French....is this airsoft or are these guys for real?

http://www.milice.qc.ca/

Noneck

Ha, I was flashed back to that Alberta mob from a year or two ago. They were not paintballers but an armed paramilitary group who walked the edge. At least this PQ mob say the word 'paintball'. I don't speak french, so I won't speculate, however I did not have to be fluent to manage to translate this:

" La Milice Patriotique Québécoise, aussi appelée MPQ, est une organisation de défense territoriale, chargée de servir et de protéger l'ensemble du peuple du Québec ainsi que l'ensemble de son territoire. L'objectif de base est d'offrir une force d'intervention structurée qui pourra, avec un maximum d'effectifs, fournir les..."

I had a look at their kitshop, and a link to Marstar, which is a company in Ontario that sells real firearms and accessories.

I had heard later the RCMP shut those Alberta clowns down. There should be a thread on here about them if anyone wants to do a search.

OWDU

They seem pretty serious..... ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSwr5DI9djw

http://blog.macleans.ca/2008/05/20/theyre-just-misunderstood/

dileas

tess

I think BM is spot on. OWDU yes they mention paintball in that we in the CF are using paintball as a training aid. Article is a video from Army News.

Orginal Text:

Préface
       La Milice Patriotique Québécoise, aussi appelée MPQ, est une organisation de défense territoriale, chargée de servir et de protéger l'ensemble du peuple du Québec ainsi que l'ensemble de son territoire. L'objectif de base est d'offrir une force d'intervention structurée qui pourra, avec un maximum d'effectifs, fournir les secours d'ordre matériel et moral en cas de désastre causé par une catastrophe naturelle, des troubles internes comme la rupture des services essentiels, ou protéger contre un agresseur ou un envahisseur qui voudrait assimiler le peuple ou dérober ses richesses et celles de son territoire.

L'objectif secondaire de la milice est de donner les moyens à ses membres d'apprendre à se défendre ainsi qu'à défendre et à venir en aide à tout individu où groupe de personnes dans le besoin. Pour ce faire, les membres de la milice doivent suivre certaines formations de base. D'abord, ils doivent avoir une formation en secourisme, visant à apporter les secours de base à une ou des personnes dont l'intégrité physique est menacée. Ensuite, nous conseillons une formation d'autodéfense spécifique, afin que chacun soit capable de neutraliser un agresseur quelconque, armé ou non. Puis les miliciens doivent aussi participer à l'autarcie alimentaire, qui est la première arme de guerre d'une nation. Les miliciens ont donc besoin de suivre les cours de maniement d'armes à feu et d'initiation à la chasse.

La milice est présente dans plusieurs régions du Québec, et chacune des régions représente une division. Chaque division comporte un chef, des pelotons comptant chacun 4 sections. Les chefs de section sont chargés du recrutement et de l'organisation de leur section et relêvent de leur chef de peloton, qui assure la coordination avec le chef de Division. Le fait d'être un chef de section implique de faire remplir les fiches d'adhésion à chaque nouveau membre, leur remettre un carnet d'identification et d'accréditation, veiller au suivi de l'évolution des apprentissages de chacun et valider les accréditations des miliciens. Le chef de section doit transmettre toutes ces informations à son supérieur immédiat.

Les miliciens doivent participer annuellement à un minimum d'activités offertes par la milice. Ces derniers doivent se procurer le matériel nécessaire à l'accomplissement des activités. Ils doivent également démontrer leur intérêt et leur capacité à devenir un membre actif de l'organisation.

Google Translated text:

Preface
        Militia Patriotique Québécoise, called MPQ, is an organization of territorial defense, which is responsible to serve and protect all the people of Quebec and all of its territory. The basic objective is to provide a structured intervention force which could, with a maximum of staff, provide the relief material and moral disaster caused by natural disasters, internal strife as the rupture essential services, or protect against an aggressor or invader which would assimilate the people or steal their wealth and those of its territory.

The secondary objective of the militia is to provide the means for its members to learn to defend and defend and to help any individual or group of people in need. To do this, the militia must follow some basic training. First, they must have training in first aid, aimed at providing basic relief to any person or persons whose physical integrity is threatened. Then we recommend a self-specific training, so that everyone is able to neutralize an aggressor any armed or not. Then the militia must also participate in the food autarky, which is the first weapon of war in a nation. The militiamen need to follow the course of handling firearms and introduction to hunting.

The militia is present in several regions of Quebec, and each region represents a division. Each division has a leader, platoons, each with 4 sections. Section chiefs are responsible for the recruitment and organization of their section and it is their platoon leader, who coordinates with the Head of Division. Being a section chief means to fulfill the membership cards to each new member, give them a list of identification and accreditation, monitoring the evolution of learning of each and validate credentials militia. The section chief must transmit all information to his supervisor.

The militia must participate annually at a minimum of activities offered by the militia. They must obtain the necessary equipment to carry out the activities. They must also demonstrate their interest and ability to become an active member of the organization.

Thanks for the clarification.

Tess you'r right, they do look serious, and WRT the blog link, here is a quote which sums it up IMHO anyways - "Among the the low-rent, browshirt-wannabe groups that turned up was the Milice Patriotique Québécoise (the Patriotic Militia of Quebec). A statement on the milita’s website insists they’re not a bunch trigger-happy nutjobs; they’re just interested in “self defense” - Ya right!  ::)

Words like sedition come to mind.

I am in favour of the right to defend one's self by any means necessary, including the use of firearms, however the organisation of a private uniformed armed group is a different story. To me groups like this give law abiding collectors/owners of military firearms a bad name, and gives the 'Kukiers' out there more 'ammo' to ban such firearms completely.

Anyways I am sure the SQ is watching.

Cheers,

Wes

EDITed for clarity

Jungle what's the overall opinion from our french brothers on Army.ca?

Noneck

They shouldn't be wearing CADPAT, they should wear Multicam like all the other wannabe types. At least they're passionate about their ideals, you can't say that about many people in Canada. I'm sure CSIS is all over them. 

CDN Aviator said:
Bunch of jokers, full stop.
Yeah, and that's a very conservative assessment...  ;D

But the commander of the outfit, a self-proclaimed major, was arrested a few years ago during a pro-independance rally (or something like that) with explosives in his car. Because of that he cannot own firearms (legally).

IMHO of them

dontworry1.jpg

NFLD Sapper said:
IMHO of them

dontworry1.jpg
This kid is proof that it takes a few minutes to dress like a Soldier, but it takes years to become a good one.

Garett said:
At least they're passionate about their ideals, you can't say that about many people in Canada. 

Their ideals?

Sir, I am somewhat bewildered by your choice of words.

So therefore what about the ideals of say, radical islam or other extremist groups within Canada?  

Any positive re-inforcement for such a private army in Canada is wrong, regardless of what uniform they are wearing or want to wear.

IMHO, they are dangerous, regardless of how innocent or unprofessional/disorganised they may appear to be. They will have an obvious politcal agenda of some kind, and they're armed. That sends the alarm bells ringing for me.

Look at their so called 'self proclaimed Major' -  "But the commander of the outfit, a self-proclaimed major, was arrested a few years ago during a pro-independance rally (or something like that) with explosives in his car". Would any decent citizen want nut cases like this, armed in their community? I don't think so.

Investigate - infiltrate - and shut 'em down!

I rest my case. Canada's "Weathermen"?

Regards,

OWDU

EDITed for clarity (again)

Here's is one of the 987429867864328746 reasons i got to be ashamed of being a "quebecers"

Those peoples are clowns, stupid enough to put cadpat on their home page... anyway!

Let's not give too much attention to them..

A few excerpts translated by windows.

Prepare to defend Quebec

•Defend the Quebec
Introduction
On the eve of his retirement, the truth is output from the mouth of Jean Chrétien.
In his biography written by Lawrence Martin, he said loyal n’ would not have recognized
a result tight in favour of the present independence on 30 October 1995, and loyal would
have sent highlights Canadian Army to protect federal buildings and, therefore, the present
unit Canadian. It would be dangerous to take these statements lightly. C’
is a bell in concert with alarm and a warning for anyone who works in concert a
independent Quebec. C’ is a sign that we will have to defend our freedom and our
territory. We will have to understand the problem as a whole, realism, and in considering
that the fact to speak in concert with the use of force n’ is not automatically a call to
violence.

defend the Quebec even gave there is a massive vote in favour of the present
independence of Quebec in the future, it does not mean that it will be well politely,
that Canada will immediately recognize the new country and that Canadians will alienate
billions of dollars in taxes québécois generated a heart Léger. Our worst mistake would
be to fall into this trap and gave hold on to this belief regardless of all aspects of
the problem. On the contrary, Canadians gave will attempt to seize the territory, and those
who live in Quebec n’ will accept not live in a country French, exactly as they refuse to
live in a city French. We will always have this to mind in the long march to freedom, which
might take some time to come. It is not present naïve optimism, naïvete and good intentions
ountry, the will of the defend and our intelligence.

I like how they have Mcpl's in their army as well.I like the use of that flower thing instead of the maple leaf...very nice.

So....are they all talk or will they hurry up and attack some Canadians?

I don't agree with their beliefs and I don't think we should allow insurgent groups to flourish in Canada. I wouldn't mind joining a militia on my off-duty hours though, I'd get to be a private again and that would be fun. It would have to be for the defence of something cool though like beer breweries or female university dorms. Those are causes I'm willing to fight for.    :threat:

Garett said:
It would have to be for the defence of something cool though like beer breweries or female university dorms.
Count me in !!!  8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back