• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pt gear?

I just spoke to my recruiter today and was told to bring my own swimsuit; they were not supplied. Colour and style didn't matter as long as it wasn't skimpy!

Carman said:
I just spoke to my recruiter today and was told to bring my own swimsuit; they were not supplied. Colour and style didn't matter as long as it wasn't skimpy!
I was told the same thing.  They do NOT supply the ole' Speedo.  Just bring your shorts.  But for gods sake please dont make them too short. lol

Thank God, lol...atleast I will feel more comfortable now  :dontpanic:

I know what your saying.  I wouldnt want anyone to have to see me in a speedo.  I know the guys would puke and the women would go running.  No not that bad but really those are not for me.

Clipse said:
Hey guys, is there anything else you can give advice on bringing thats not on the kit list, like footpowder, hand sanitizer etc.?

Purell rules, you can get it in those little bottles that you can barely feel in your pocket. When you're in the field, it's very convenient for hygiene after whizzing or dumping, or before a meal.

You are given foot powder in St.Jean, it comes in a blue and white bottle, and it is useless compared to Gold Bond. They don't sell Gold Bond at the Canex, so I highly recommend picking some up before you leave.

When I was in cadets they issued me footpowder at camp and I thought it worked great. To each his own I suppose.

swim wear for bmq?

im confused... but we just finished out 2nd last weekend before grad... and have not touched a pool.

why are some recruits doing swimming while others dont on bmq?

is this something we will get on sq?

Sappo said:
swim wear for bmq?

im confused... but we just finished out 2nd last weekend before grad... and have not touched a pool.

why are some recruits doing swimming while others dont on bmq?

is this something we will get on sq?

We're talking about Reg Force, where we had pool PT at least once a week. I didn't swim either when I did my Reserve training on the weekends.

Wtf... speedos? We were issued navy blue, mid-thigh length, average swim trunks. No speedos, no civi bathing suits.

All that fancy-shmancy poly-pro stuff for running is unnecessary, I find. I made the mistake of not bringing white cotton socks, so for the first 4 weeks or so I ran in grey cotton socks underneath the standard issue wool socks (the cotton socks 'cause I can't stand the itching from the wool). It really wasn't that bad and running in standard cotton socks didn't affect me negatively in any way.

A good pair of running shoes is key, which I brought. The ones they issued me were crap, but I had to take them. They were the old, grey shoes with the foam mid-sole and orange bottom. I tell you, having messed up feet in the military is hell - the boots don't fit properly, they can't issue you any running shoes but the crap ones I got, and any medical exam of your feet or ankles will inevitably yield a shocked expression and a "um... uh... is that normal for you?" response. I had severe club feet as a kid, repaired with surgery, so my feet are strangely shaped - high instep, incredibly huge arch, very wide foot, but a size 8.5. Needless to say my balance isn't spectacular with my height being 6'2". I got jacked up for having my boots tied too lose until they realised that bulge halfway up the laces was actually part of my foot busting out of the boot. The expression of horror on my sgt's face upon this realization was priceless. He took me straight to the QM to get a different pair of boots but alas, I already had the best they could do. 

Back