• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pt gear?

Patrick H. said:
Is there a choice or are you issued what they give you?

Cheers

You get what they give you, most of the guys on my BOTC got the pseudo shorts (like biker shorts but about the length of old school rugby shorts), the big boned newfie got the speedo. I guess the Supply Tech though it'd be funny, and man was he right!

Hey guys, is there anything else you can give advice on bringing thats not on the kit list, like footpowder, hand sanatizer etc.?

Island Ryhno said:
Picture yourself with Baloney Skins glued to your nuts and bolts   8)
That's not right.

Clipse said:
Hey guys, is there anything else you can give advice on bringing thats not on the kit list, like footpowder, hand sanatizer etc.?
Yeah footpowder is a good idea to keep your feet from being gross but not sure about the hand sanatizer

Body Glide, get it at The Running Room, it's the best gear ever, that and some Poly Prop socks and Have at er  8)

Island Ryhno said:
Body Glide, get it at The Running Room, it's the best gear ever, that and some Poly Prop socks and Have at er   8)

What exactly is body glide, and where can I find the running room?

http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=&q=the+running+room&near=Toronto,+ON&sa=X&oi=localr

Pick one.  ;D

Cheers

Body glide is like speed stick deodorant, but it keeps you from getting blisters and chafing etc. Great gear.

On my BMQ (2003) we were allowed to buys swimsuits from the Canex so we didnt have to wear the issued speedo. My wife who also did BMQ was given the same option.  :salute:

PS. Those suits are also called " Grape huggers"..lol  :p

you could always get rash guards to wear under your clothes as well

Grape Smugglers

CHIMO,  Kat

The prices are not expensive for the gear they sell, however it's all higher end stuff, depends on what you're looking for. I've not seen the body glide elsewhere so you may have to buy it there. It's not expensive $10 for a big stick. They are the best place to buy running shoes as they will fit you according to your stride etc. the clothing prices are expensive, I found Sport Chek a little less expensive for things like Nike Dry Sphere etc, I also like Sport Chek because they carry Under Armour which is the best gear ever. A little hint though, it's all basically the same thing, the product called Cool Max is sold on a number of brand name clothing for a high price or you could go to Costco and get Cool Max by Somo for 1/4 the price and it's sharp looking as well  :salute:

Thanks for the info Island Rhyno will have to go check the Running Room out do you know the average price for shoes?

Probably wouldn't get anything for under $119 bucks, I was at our local store just last night. That being said you don't have to buy your shoes there, ask them to analyse your foot strike etc and ask them to recommend a shoe type (motion control,cushioning etc) and then head off to Sport Chek which I believe has some shoes on sale this week 2 for $99  :eek: I'm flat footed so I use to wear a motion control shoe but then I had biomechanical inserts made and the shoes rolled my foot too much. The last pair of running shoes I purchased at Sport Chek 3 weeks ago are Nike Air Max Moto 2 for about $80 it was 1/2 price, the shoe was regular $160. One thing to caution, DON'T let the Sport Chek people sell you on the shoe, they don't know jack about the technical aspects of the shoes for the most part (just ask them what Motion Control shoes they have and this is the look you'll get  :-\) Also buy what feels good not what looks good, if you buy on looks, you'll pay in the long run, no pun intended  :p

Thanks again great advice did you buy your shoes there? which store wold you reccommend?

You should be able to get decent shoes for anywhere between $80 - $150 ... anything in the $120+ category is pretty high-end (i.e., extra "performance" features you won't really need unless you are planning to race).  I read somewhere (in these forums?) that Running Room gives a military discount (ask them).

Bodyglide is the best thing ever: works 100% (except in the spots you miss)!

They do have a military discount and you have to show your I.D. I say lady, green is my colour and I like the haircut  8) ArmyRules I live in St.John's NL so I can't advise to which store is best in your area, if you're new to the shoe bit, I'd say stick to the running room, tell them what you're looking for and they will point you in the right direction  :threat:

Back