• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PS3 Stupidity

Trinity

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone who watches the video... recognizes downtown Toronto....  :-[

http://smashmyps3.com/

Wait in line for days....
Spend $750 on a PS3

then smash it outside the store in front of other people waiting in line

::)

Why is he dressed up as a pimp??? These guys are strange!!

The news had reports of bids of $15,000 + on Ebay yesterday.....  go figure

It's gonna be worse than crack...

"yo, I got a PS3 man, check it out" will be heard in dark alleys everywhere

5 grand buy it now on Ebay... for a video game machine  ::)

Yup decadent??? western society has it covered.

Hmmm.....
Wonder if he bought it with his Amex gold card.

Do you think he can claim it on the card's buyer insurance feature?

The Ebay 15K$ buy if by a fella in the UK... and the PS3 will only be offered next march or april over there.

I doubt they'd pay 15 k.

Probably people being jerks and upping the bids to yank the sellers chain.  ;)

The REALLY sad story is that the smashed PS3 will most likely find it's way to eBay, where some foolish sap will scoop it up for a hefty sum. Just my opinion, from past experiences.

This is non sense....I certainly would not pay the 700$ cost for it. imagine 15K that's not even the price of my car...

People are strange...specially in Toronto.

i was looking at ebay and there's lots out there that are over a couple of grand, makes me wish i bought one and tired to sell it on ebay

What loser spends 150$ on a game consol?

Most of the people that buy the consoles on EBay for thousands of dollars are the business execs that have six-figure salaries, and can't be bothered to stand in line for days to get the shiny new game for their kiddies.

Heh, they interviewed people waiting in line, some places only 2/10 people were gonna actually use the PS3 for themselves, the rest are going on EBay.

That was aboslutely awesoe!!!  These guys are geniuses, god I would love to see the faces of all couch commandos when they watch this for the first time.

These guys did the same thing with the xbox 360 when it came out. that time (not sure about this time) they got donations from people so that they could buy and smash the system. I have mixed feelings about this; on the one hand, it makes a statement about the insanity of paying $700 plus tax for a system, and even more about the people who would profit from the system by selling it for 3 times it's worth online. On the other hand, I think that it is a tremendous waste of their time and money, as well as depriving some kid who stood in line all night for the system, and truely wanted it to play, and not to sell to the highest bidder.... (I feel the same way about the people who would sell it online, depriving someone more deserving of the system to make a buck. having said this, I don't have any feelings of remorse or sympathy for the tools who are willing to pay those outrageous sums online just because they were too lazy to go wait in line like everyone else.)

end of rant.

They are selling for 1500-3000 US on ebay - The higher auctions were started from as high as 15 000 - 20 000. One auction had a buyout of (I shite you not) $400 000 USD.

Of course, none of the higher priced auctions seem to have gotten ANY bids, with the exceptions of the ones sold before the release date.

360 on the other hand was such a load of BS. I recently quit my job at a electronics store that shall remain nameless (but rhymes with suture flop). I worked there for a few years, and dealt with inventory and shipping and recieving on a daily basis. When the 360 came out, I thought it was a little wierd that we were only selling a few dozen of them every week; and that we were advertising that we had very low stock. I thought it was wierd because we had gotten several pallets of them in the days leading up to the launch. For some reason, we had strict instructions to hold a large number of them in the top of our warehouse for a period of time.

The day of the launch, we had to send a number of people home who had stayed outside overnight empty handed because we could only sell a set number of systems. And thats about when I lost faith in the company I worked for.

Makes me wonder what the supply is like on the ps3's...

My understanding from the news that each store had 87 units to sell.

I just watched a few go on Ebay this morning. People are paying 1400 to 2500 USD.

Fyuri said:
The REALLY sad story is that the smashed PS3 will most likely find it's way to eBay, where some foolish sap will scoop it up for a hefty sum. Just my opinion, from past experiences.

Ha ha, you're right. Or some fool will solder the parts to something, call it "art" and sell it for $10,000 to some other wacko in "Tronno"

potato

Back