• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Protesters Banner Kitchener Colt Plant

A 9mm to the head will work as well as a .45 to the head. Worry more about technique, and placement, than caliber. A .45 is no better than a .22 if you can't put it there.

Like I say, we've been down this road. Go look it up. It's not what this thread is about. It goes back on track, or it gets locked.

Took your advice and found some great threads on that topic, thanks!

DIEMACO is an easy protest target as Project Ploughshares is based in the Mennonite Conrad Grebel College at UoW. And Mennonites are profound, deep and true pacifists.

Emenince Grise said:
DIEMACO is an easy protest target as Project Ploughshares is based in the Mennonite Conrad Grebel College at UoW. And Mennonites are profound, deep and true pacifists.

That is true, however they will volunteer and join the forces in non combatant status. A bunch of them worked as medics in both WW1 and WW2.

Larry Strong said:
That is true, however they will volunteer and join the forces in non combatant status. A bunch of them worked as medics in both WW1 and WW2.

A difficult thing to do in today's "Asymmetric Warfare" where there are no clearly defined 'noncombatants' and everyone is considered a target by the 'terrorist'. 

George Wallace said:
A difficult thing to do in today's "Asymmetric Warfare" where there are no clearly defined 'noncombatants' and everyone is considered a target by the 'terrorist'. 

And that becomes a tricky "padre problem" when kids sign up and then find out what soldiering and the Profession of Arms is really about during BMQ. My colleague at LFCA Meaford has dealt with several.

Emenince Grise said:
And that becomes a tricky "padre problem" when kids sign up and then find out what soldiering and the Profession of Arms is really about during BMQ. My colleague at LFCA Meaford has dealt with several.

It's even worse when they sign up to go to Afghanistan intending to be gate guard and they get put in the battlegroup and their parents flip.

Flawed Design said:
It's even worse when they sign up to go to Afghanistan intending to be gate guard and they get put in the battlegroup and their parents flip.

- Tellling lies to our loved ones about what we are going to do overseas is almost a PO Check.  Then, after our expiry in a far distant land, our loved ones cry out that their lost significant other had been "promised by his regiment that he would have a nice cozy safe job".

- Sure.  Ya gotta copy of that contract, honey?

- The essence of soldiering is not killing.  The essence of soldiering is sacrifice.

Flawed Design said:

That smacks of I want my gong and my money but I dont want any of the danger...

40 protestors, whow that's like amazing.  It reminds me of a saying here in Cowville when the mountain folks get engaged, "if ya aint good enough for your own kin, how can you be good enough for mine".

I don't like what they have to say, but I respect their right to say it.  Mocking them is a past time for me tough. 

If the Hippies have their way, you will see that at a yard sale.

Obscure industrial equipment often auctions for it's scrap value.
5k to buy and 15k to ship would be my guess......  ;D

Group buy?

An ARMY.CA fundraiser! We could each kick in 100 bucks.......

We should keep it at Mr Bobbitt's place though...... ;D

We'll use cardboard to cover the carpet.

Kevin might want it to make one-off weapons in weird, non standard calibres.  >:D

Since they would become instant collector's items this might be a fantastic investment for us!

I had a scoutmaster who did that kind of stuff!

He died poor though.....

He once told me "NEVER turn live ammunition in a lathe".

Infidel-6 said:
That smacks of I want my gong and my money but I dont want any of the danger...

You mean like the NDHQ technical assistance visits carefully scheduled to last one day over the minimum to qualify for the gong?

dapaterson said:
You mean like the NDHQ technical assistance visits carefully scheduled to last one day over the minimum to qualify for the gong?

You said it  ;) I didn't

Back