• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Proper Use of Post-Nominals

Jonezy76 said:
So, as an example, one would only use the P.Eng. post-nominal when the correspondence had something to do with engineering?

Similarly, using RSE only when the subject matter applies to your field of expertise, correct?
Not sure about RSE as I've never seen any emails with it, but I've also seen Comptrollers use their CGA or other financial post-nominal, medical chits with LPN or NP etc

garb811 said:
Not sure about RSE as I've never seen any emails with it, but I've also seen Comptrollers use their CGA or other financial post-nominal, medical chits with LPN or NP etc

Where the professional/academic designation is pertinent to establishing the qualification underlying the things communicated, in other words...

Since it is pertinent to our everyday work can we add GBA+ to our post nominals?  Was going to get one for my Velcro sleeve made up...;)

Remius said:
Since it is pertinent to our everyday work can we add GBA+ to our post nominals?  Was going to get one for my Velcro sleeve made up...;)

... as well as the much coveted FORCE Test gong, with bar and snowflake device :)

Brihard said:
Where the professional/academic designation is pertinent to establishing the qualification underlying the things communicated, in other words...

Were I work in DGLEPM, since our business is engineering on land equipment, it's common to see P.Eng or PMP etc in signature blocks as it's relevant to what we do all the time.

Jon

I release tomorrow after about 14 years PRes. (Ret’d) seems a bit ostentatious for someone in his thirties; can I sign stuff ‘Sgt (Pop’d Smk)’? :D

Brihard said:
I release tomorrow after about 14 years PRes. (Ret’d) seems a bit ostentatious for someone in his thirties; can I sign stuff ‘Sgt (Pop’d Smk)’? :D

No, but you CAN park in the 'Veterans Only' spots at the outlet mall (because, you know, those pregnant women and disabled people have had it too good for so long now :))

Old EO Tech said:
Were I work in DGLEPM, since our business is engineering on land equipment, it's common to see P.Eng or PMP etc in signature blocks as it's relevant to what we do all the time.

Jon

Saw a lot of that when I was at ADM MAt. Not just limited to DGLEPM. 

PPCLI Guy said:
Curious.  If a member were to receive a Bar to their MSM, do the post-nominals change?

Not normally. However in programs issued by Rideau Hall forinvestures they will designate a second or third award using an asterisk.  Major J Jones MSM*/CWO A Best MMV*, MSM** .  Have seen it used only for MVDs and MSDs.  Probably not a bad idea that could be formalized and even extended to the CD. 

WRT the CCD1/2/3 discussions.  While I have. always thought it off-side and just out of place when seen on sig blocks and place cards at mess dinners I think it is most often used by and on behalf of people who are justifiably proud of the service represented and the commitment behind it.

I know a guy who retired as a LCol, became HCol of a militia unit, and now self-identifies as Col (Ret'd).  ::)

Yes, he's a douche in other ways too.

Journeyman said:
I know a guy who retired as a LCol, became HCol of a militia unit, and now self-identifies as Col (Ret'd).  ::)

Yes, he's a douche in other ways too.

But does he wear 'decorations' that he invented and had made for himself?

daftandbarmy said:
But does he wear 'decorations' that he invented and had made for himself?
Not that I've seen.  He was a Dragoon so I assume that the CD and NATO ones are legit; I can't imagine anyone fraudulently wearing a Jubilee medal to 'boost their street cred.'  ;D

Back