• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Progressing to the CF

I believe they do those at CFB Chiliwack too, Didn't Steven Harper say he re-opended it?

bbbb said:
So they don't do BMQ anywhere else (ie Cornwallis)?

Oops, sorry I just learned that Cornwallis was closed due to cutbacks. Oh well probably money best spent elsewhere.

And you figure this out how? Where was the money best spent elsewhere? You speak of things you have absolutely no clue or experience in. Next time you go to the Warning system.

Ex-Dragoon said:
And you figure this out how? Where was the money best spent elsewhere? You speak of things you have absolutely no clue or experience in. Next time you go to the Warning system.

Well isn't this a fun place to be.  Relax Ex-Dragoon.  If you have information that will educate someone, impart it.  Threatening someone with a warning because they had a thought on a subject seems a bit abusive.  If you look into the closing of CFB Cornwallis you will find that it was closed primarily due to fiscal restraints (financial cutbacks). 

Have a great NAVY day.

And if you looked at Ex-Dragoons profile you would note he is a mod, so its part of his job to keep the forum based in truth. Which I at least appreciate and think that he, and all the mods, do a great job of. So maybe you should stay in your lane and let Ex-Dragoon do his job.

condor888000 said:
And if you looked at Ex-Dragoons profile you would note he is a mod, so its part of his job to keep the forum based in truth. Which I at least appreciate and think that he, and all the mods, do a great job of. So maybe you should stay in your lane and let Ex-Dragoon do his job.

I had looked at his profile prior to commenting, and my position stands.  Look at the original comment from bbbb and you will see that he is actually correct in his statement on cutbacks. WRT his comment on money best spent elsewhere, that's an opinion.  While I don't agree with it, I can't tell him (nor should anyone else) that he is not entitled to it.  I don't think that the intent of this forum is to stifle opinion that does not reflect the wishes of a moderator.  I agree that on a whole the moderators do a vg job, but with the experience indicated in Ex-Dragoons profile I felt that his comments were heavy handed. 

As well, would you clarify you comment "your lane".

Thanks in advance

I respectfully disagree Chief and my warning to bbbb still stands. Well actually no need as he commented out of his lane in another topic and got placed on the Warning system for that. Personally I have seen the qualtiy of recruits go downhill since Cornwallis was closed and since bbbb has had no experience with Cornwallis then I feel the comment was justified. How would he possibly know the money was spent better elsewhere?

Well it is official, I am now Pte(R) Forbes (AKA Private Ryan)...again

Here's the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/ouyin2000/Stuff/Ryansswearingin005.jpg

Piper said:
And this person (according to the profile) is a CPO 2 (a real one, not a cadet).

So maybe you, being a cadet, should NOT be telling someone like that to 'stay in his lane'. He is not a cadet, do not treat him as such. 
Army.ca is a relaxed website.  While we appreciate people filling out their profiles, and providing from experience, a rank does not entitle you to automatically do such.

c2nwt came in with a first post where he told Ex-Dragoon he didn't know what he was talking about.  Simple because someone is a cadet, does not entitle them to any more or less respect, unless they prove themselves to be  a troll.

All of you stay in your lanes, don't provoke people, and don't carry on useless posts about staying in your lane.  As much as moderating your peers in encouraged, being a spacker isn't.  Lets get back on topic.

Piper said:
And this person (according to the profile) is a CPO 2 (a real one, not a cadet).

So maybe you, being a cadet, should NOT be telling someone like that to 'stay in his lane'. He is not a cadet, do not treat him as such. 

Are we comparing ranks and positions now?  I thought we left that sort of thing at the door here.

(Oops.  Beaten to it by the staff -- and a cadet at that! :))

Piper said:

Double check the profile bud, I'm done with the world of cadets and trying to figure out when to head down to the recruiting office. While granted c2nwt does have more military experience than I do, pretty easy as I have none, I still don't feel that he had any right to question a mod who was doing his job.

Now, I'm going to back out before anything else happens....

Back