• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Process being fast?

FredDaHead

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I applied last friday, (ROTP, 071 MARS) and got a call on tuesday about my previous enrollment process (which I abandonned because I couldn't go in the infantry) and today I got another call saying I had to show up for aptitude testing next tuesday at 7:30am. (Why are they so cruel? It's the only day I can normally get up late!) Anyways, the recruiter said it'd be two weeks before I'd even get a call, and that I might end up being a little short on time to complete the process before the April deadline for RMC. Apparently they couldn't find my files from my previous enrollment process, or at least had trouble locating them, but I would've thought that would delay the process.

Not to whine with a full stomach, but is it normal to take only a bit over a week from application to aptitude testing? And is it any indication that the rest of the process will be quick? I've been hearing stories about the process being awefully slow, and now it seems pretty fast--even faster than when I'd applied a few years back.

Are they actually trying to make the seven-weeks process work?

Many of the files have to be sent to several different places and reviewed by different people. Because of that things take time. It can take anywhere between 3 days and 3 weeks, it all depends on how many people are going throught the process at that time.

and they want people in the Spring summer traning programes for a lot of units
im told ill be geting a call in about 2 weeks

Frederik G said:
I applied last friday, (ROTP, 071 MARS) and got a call on tuesday about my previous enrollment process (which I abandonned because I couldn't go in the infantry) and today I got another call saying I had to show up for aptitude testing next tuesday at 7:30am. (Why are they so cruel? It's the only day I can normally get up late!) Anyways, the recruiter said it'd be two weeks before I'd even get a call, and that I might end up being a little short on time to complete the process before the April deadline for RMC. Apparently they couldn't find my files from my previous enrollment process, or at least had trouble locating them, but I would've thought that would delay the process.

Not to whine with a full stomach, but is it normal to take only a bit over a week from application to aptitude testing? And is it any indication that the rest of the process will be quick? I've been hearing stories about the process being awefully slow, and now it seems pretty fast--even faster than when I'd applied a few years back.

Are they actually trying to make the seven-weeks process work?

This is ROTP season and therefore ROTP applications are a priority.  All processing must be complete (with the exception of the Medical part 3) before a person can merited  no later than mid Mar.

Dude your lucky man its on month 9 for me and I'm just going primary Reserves Infantry

Hi..

Yeah.. it can be fast! I sent my application on jan. 24th at 11:45 a.m. got the call at 1:00 pm telling me to get there for the CFAT the next tuesday at 7:45 a.m. wich is ... today! There's more! They scheduled all my other tests in line for this week, so i'm doing my phys. test tomorrow, my med on satursday and my interview on friday.. wow. Hope everything keep going on that fast  ::)

Cheers!

NiTz said:
Hi..

Yeah.. it can be fast! I sent my application on jan. 24th at 11:45 a.m. got the call at 1:00 pm telling me to get there for the CFAT the next tuesday at 7:45 a.m. wich is ... today! There's more! They scheduled all my other tests in line for this week, so i'm doing my phys. test tomorrow, my med on satursday and my interview on friday.. wow. Hope everything keep going on that fast   ::)

Cheers!

You got all your tests scheduled at once? ..Would I be wrong to assume you're going in the reserves?

They told us we had to fill in all that paperwork (security form, reference letters, etc) BEFORE they'd give us an appointment for the medical/interview, and if we pass that we do the fitness test, or something like that.

Anyways, I think the biggest delay I've had so far was because one of the people I asked to fill my reference letters had something come up with his family and got delayed in writing it up. I'm getting the papers in tomorrow, though. Hope it'll keep being so fast!

It depends on the CFRC or CFRC Det.  Some can do "one day" processing, some can't.  It also depends on what entry scheme, element, trade, Reg or Reserve and what priority for hiring is (ROTP, PRes, Unskilled NCM etc..) as to how long it takes to process.  That's all before any hickup with Medical. ;D

No i'm aplying in the regular force, but  my trade is in distress and i'm semi-qualified, maybe that should help getting things done faster..
When I saw all those horror stories on the forum I was discouraged to apply as I want to leave my current job as soon as possible but it appears i'm gonna have to wait a lot ... it's very disappointing in the end...  :-\

Sounds like things are going good for you...that's great! What trade are you going in for?

Hi!

I'm going 434 Fire controls technician on the reg. force. Yes it seems to be going very fast as I see..  :)
I just hope they won't BS me something on my interview like " eh, we're gonna call you in a week or 2" and then never call me back until 5 months.. Thats my biggest fear. But well.. I want it so much i'm gonna wait all the time needed, however it think that s*** to wait so long for something so important to me... :warstory:

Cheers!

NiTz said:
Hi!

I'm going 434 Fire controls technician on the reg. force. Yes it seems to be going very fast as I see..   :)
I just hope they won't BS me something on my interview like " eh, we're gonna call you in a week or 2" and then never call me back until 5 months.. Thats my biggest fear. But well.. I want it so much i'm gonna wait all the time needed, however it think that s*** to wait so long for something so important to me... :warstory:

Cheers!

Cool, same here. I applied in Dec 2004 , got my CFAT and interview on the same day, my medical and fitness test the next week. Right now i'm waiting for my medical results to come back and...the call. Don't take my word on this but i heard that they might be recuiting for FCS techs in March or April. I hope the rumors are right.

I got a call 2 weeks after my package went in. But i had to work all summer and didn't get a chance to go down to my Local CF RC for over 1 month. then i ran into a medical problem which delayed me 6 months. which has recently gone by. now i just need a damn dietailed letter from my doctor who is on vacation so lol yeah Ive just maybe ran into some bad luck

B.McTeer

Hi!

Cool Arclite, maybe we're gonna be together on BMQ and the other courses ! :)  If the rumour you told me is right, that would be NICE, since I hope to leave my current job before summer but well, i'll see in times...
Btw, I successfully went trough my phys. test today, tomorrow there's my med and friday's my interview, after all that I just sit down and wait.

Cheers!  :salute:

Back