• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Process after applicant selected

frankyboy1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am applying for a DEO pilot position. I unofficially found out last week that on my file it says I've been selected, but I really need to know if I'll be a part of the September BMOQ or the January one (I'm planning important wedding attendance). The recruiting office won't tell me what's going on because that's a "status update" and they don't do that anymore.

Usually how long does it take from when an applicant gets selected before they get an offer? Is it possible that they have selected me but will only give me an offer in November for a January BMOQ? Or do they only select an application when they can slot them into a BMOQ not too off in the future?

Any insight into this part of the process would be awesome.

Thanks.

Have you actually called the RC? If not, I would. Otherwise, if you've been selected, you need to be ready to leave for the Aug 25 or Sep 1 course. Sometimes they only call a week or even a few days out. So at least get your papers in order and a plan to pack/pay your bills etc.

Can you elaborate on the CFRC not doing the status updates anymore? How are applicants to check their status? I am also a pilot applicant and was told last week that I should call the CFRC in a few weeks to check up on my file.

Do you know if you were selected (unofficially) as part of July selections? If you were, I would guess your offer and BMOQ date may be communicated very soon. If not, the next selection board is mid-Nov so you'd have to wait for the verdict until then, and then BMOQ will be some time after that...

I called the Toronto RC and that's reception's new policy due to under-staffing and the volume of status update calls. You'd have to go direct to one of the file manager's if you want any information really.

Being told only a few days or a week in advance of a September start will cost me thousands of dollars, so regardless of their policy I'm going to call them until I know what's going on.

Well remember they don't owe you anything. Being hooked up with a pilot stop is plenty to appreciate, especially since it looks like they've already told you the good news unofficially. I'd say try to respect their policy.

Oh I'm fully aware of that but I can't wait around forever and if a phone call saves me thousands of dollars I'm all for it.

Yeah I hear ya. Maybe call or email your file manager directly if you know who it is? I guess I'll try to email someone or stop by, if they've got this new policy now... Good luck.

frankyboy1 said:
Hi guys,

I am applying for a DEO pilot position. I unofficially found out last week that on my file it says I've been selected, but I really need to know if I'll be a part of the September BMOQ or the January one (I'm planning important wedding attendance). The recruiting office won't tell me what's going on because that's a "status update" and they don't do that anymore.

Usually how long does it take from when an applicant gets selected before they get an offer? Is it possible that they have selected me but will only give me an offer in November for a January BMOQ? Or do they only select an application when they can slot them into a BMOQ not too off in the future?

Any insight into this part of the process would be awesome.

Thanks.

Hard to say but I would guess that if you have been selected DEO Pilot recently, then your BMOQ, "probably" starts on 1 Sep.

Just a guess..........

Yup. Just got my offer for September 1 BMOQ start date. Required a lot of bugging to find out though!

frankyboy1 said:
Yup. Just got my offer for September 1 BMOQ start date. Required a lot of bugging to find out though!

Congratulations! That's fantastic news. You won't be in my platoon for BMOQ but we'd most likely end up in the same flight courses a little ways down the road from now, so that's pretty cool!

Back