• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Chappie said:
First of all kudos for a great game.  :nod:
Is it possible I got "adjusted" when you were fixing the exploit above?
I was sure I had 909 MP last night when I logged off but when I signed back on today I was down to 409. I've only linked my own personal FB account.

You linked it twice that's why you were adjusted down one -500.

I have just noticed something wrong with the milpoints as well.  I had the -500 as well, I asked mike to fix my account earlier today, had issues linking.  Afterwards, because I was in the negative coupled with the addictive nature of this game, I purchased $5 worth and my account went from being in the negative to 1050.  Just then when I logged in the whole site seemed to hang so I tried a couple of times and my midpoints were adjusted again.  It seems like I got the daily 50 three times.  Mike if you could subtract 361 for when my account reset to 1050 after the purchase and remove the extra 100 for the daily accounting error, for a total of 461 it would be appreciated.  It's the honest thing to do.

Captsapper said:
I have just noticed something wrong with the milpoints as well.  I had the -500 as well, I asked mike to fix my account earlier today, had issues linking.  Afterwards, because I was in the negative coupled with the addictive nature of this game, I purchased $5 worth and my account went from being in the negative to 1050.  Just then when I logged in the whole site seemed to hang so I tried a couple of times and my midpoints were adjusted again.  It seems like I got the daily 50 three times.  Mike if you could subtract 361 for when my account reset to 1050 after the purchase and remove the extra 100 for the daily accounting error, for a total of 461 it would be appreciated.  It's the honest thing to do.

If only everyone in the world were honest like this.... to help with the points you're losing, I sent you 150.

Chappie said:
First of all kudos for a great game.  :nod:
Is it possible I got "adjusted" when you were fixing the exploit above?
I was sure I had 909 MP last night when I logged off but when I signed back on today I was down to 409. I've only linked my own personal FB account.

Hi Chappie,

Thanks for the positive feedback. :) The adjustment was that in some cases, people were able to get the link bonus more than once. I'm sure it was accidental more often than not. If you look at your history:

http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=38495

You can see the 2 x 500 MilPoints near the bottom, and you can also see the adjustment for -500 near the top.

Captsapper said:

I appreciate the honesty! Looking through your log, I could only see 2 x50 MilPoints that were incorrect. It's a bit of an odd thing, but points you buy are protected, and even if you have a negative balance when you buy them, your protected points will not be affected.

E.G. if you had -300 and purchasee 1050 points, your balance would immediately show as 1050. One those 1050 protected points were drained, your old -300 balance would show again. If, in the mean time, you'd earned 300 or more points, they would bring your 'unprotected' balance back up above zero. Confusing, I know. :)

At this point, you have 1,567 MilPoints, 827 are protected (left over from your purchase) and 740 are 'regular'.

The M777 costs 1900MP, while a LAVIII is only 1200MP. Is this a typo, or just adjusted as the 777 becomes unlocked at a higher level?

Also, when training an item and it reaches a new level, the Train Again button still has the old CR cost:

Increased Proficiency with Map of Afghanistan
Map of Afghanistan Map of Afghanistan by 13. Now Level 6 (0%).

Train again (-5CR)

PuckChaser said:
Also, when training an item and it reaches a new level, the Train Again button still has the old CR cost:

Train again (-5CR)

If you hit the old CR cost button to train again it will still charge the new CR cost. (Hitting -4 when your at 5 will charge -5)

Mike, it seems that the multiple linking ability is still happening as seen here: http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=1444033824

airmich said:
Mike, it seems that the multiple linking ability is still happening as seen here: http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=1444033824

Seems to be a pretty wide spread bug.

PuckChaser said:
The M777 costs 1900MP, while a LAVIII is only 1200MP. Is this a typo, or just adjusted as the 777 becomes unlocked at a higher level?

Neither. Actual cost of a M777 is $1.9M USD, so this is a steal! ;)

Still, I've adjusted the price downward to make life a little easier...

PuckChaser said:

Train again (-5CR)

That one I'm not sure how to get around... when the button is saved to your log, it's not clear if your training will take you to the next tier or not. I may just have to live with that as there are bigger fish to fry for now...

I think I've also closed the loop on the multiple link bonus too. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time around, but clearly I thought I had it and did not! Thanks for your vigilance!

Are you only able to claim one medal incentive for a specified period? I took one for 100 CE then couldn't claim any of the +% attention or reputation incentives

You only have 46 MP, most incentives start at 50 MP to claim.

Mike, are you playing with ghost accounts to see what happens with MPs?  http://army.ca/milpoints/?user=1649130041

2010-10-13 01:03:35 Ooooh, Shiny! incentive purchased for 50. You have earned +5% Situational Awareness for 12 hours as a reward for 15 Unique Pieces of Equipment Owned.

Situational Awareness (SA):
Increases chance of Mission success 5 +0 (11:48:45)               

Plus zero????

Edit  - here's a pic 

pSKEN.jpg

Trinity said:
2010-10-13 01:03:35 Ooooh, Shiny! incentive purchased for 50. You have earned +5% Situational Awareness for 12 hours as a reward for 15 Unique Pieces of Equipment Owned.

Situational Awareness (SA):
Increases chance of Mission success 5 +0 (11:48:45)               

5 * 0.05 (5%) = 0.25

5 + 0.25 = 5.25

Rounding 5.25 brings it down to 5, and thus, creating a gain of 0.

I personally recommend saving those percentage medals for when you have a lot, or else it's useless.

Does posting to the wall work or did I just adjust my application levels too high?

Back