• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Mike Bobbitt said:
It is. I noticed that high level players - especially ones ranking up 2-3 times a day - were receiving an excessive amount of MP for promotions. The same formula still applies (8 + 2 * Rank) but it's now capped at 500MP.

How will that effect players at lower levels?

Mike Bobbitt said:
It is. I noticed that high level players - especially ones ranking up 2-3 times a day - were receiving an excessive amount of MP for promotions. The same formula still applies (8 + 2 * Rank) but it's now capped at 500MP.

When it comes to promotion MPs vs MPs spent to obtain a rank, I've been netting a pretty big loss. I'm now wondering if it will become continuously less sustainable to play the game.

ballz said:
When it comes to promotion MPs vs MPs spent to obtain a rank, I've been netting a pretty big loss. I'm now wondering if it will become continuously less sustainable to play the game.

I completely agree... the MP rank up bonus should actually be increased as opposed to capped.

I think its not going to hurt the high level players, as most of us post here fairly often, but the 500mp cap per level is really going to hurt the mid level players that have to play high MP cost missions to level up, especially now that equipment can be destroyed. Perhaps you can cap the mp gained for promotion at a certain level, like 500? That way it won't hurt the mid range guys.

I agree.  Leave lower players the way they were but apply the cap at a reasonable level.  500 is a nice round number.

So what caused my 509 consecutive days to get knocked down to 1.........seeing how I have not missed a day?

Larry Strong said:
So what caused my 509 consecutive days to get knocked down to 1.........seeing how I have not missed a day?
What he said.  I am so happy I cashed in the 160 consecutive day medal.

Mine was restarted too. It said I received -40 morale for not playing yesterday, but I completed all 3 missions.

Larry Strong said:
How will that effect players at lower levels?

That's the good part... it won't, as they will still receive their promotion bonuses unchanged. The 500MP cap only starts at Rank 246, and even then only holds back 2MP per Rank past that. I hear what people are saying... however most of those saying it has a MP balance in the hundreds of thousands. :) The idea is not to wring money out of people, but rather to balance the game in a more reasonable fashion. Specifically, the game shouldn't just dump MP on you, it should require you to scrounge a bit, play tactically and keep working. Again, the idea is not to force MP purchases but rather to maintain a balance where earning and spending MilPoints becomes part of your strategy.

To put it into perspective, Afghan Ops has paid out 38,114,672 MP to date, but has caused users to spend only 34,301,817 MP. (Purchases are not included in the 'pay out' figure.) Pair that with the fact that many users have sizable MP balances from these forums and we have a situation where most players have a surplus almost all the time.

As for the streak breaking, it seemed fine for me, and no changes were made to that code. Is it possible people were bumped by the 'spring ahead' time change? Not everyone lost an hour this weekend, but the server did. Maybe that threw some people's timings off...? I checked the db and quite a few people still have streaks in the hundreds.

On the good news front, I *may* have fixed the 'like' button issues. Please let me know if it works for you.

Mike Bobbitt said:
As for the streak breaking, it seemed fine for me, and no changes were made to that code. Is it possible people were bumped by the 'spring ahead' time change? Not everyone lost an hour this weekend, but the server did. Maybe that threw some people's timings off...? I checked the db and quite a few people still have streaks in the hundreds.

The time change shouldn't have had any effect on my streak. I was checking in multiple times throughout the day on Sunday so my negative morale cap would get reset and I could acheive the mission of 121 negative morale. I acheived all three missions finally around 9 pm EST. I checked again at 11:30 pm EST and it stated I missed a day and restarted the counter.

2010newbie said:
The time change shouldn't have had any effect on my streak. I was checking in multiple times throughout the day on Sunday so my negative morale cap would get reset and I could acheive the mission of 121 negative morale. I acheived all three missions finally around 9 pm EST. I checked again at 11:30 pm EST and it stated I missed a day and restarted the counter.

I see that Mike reset the streak. Thanks Mike :salute:

I've lost my strike too, down from 294 to 1.  I played before and after work yesterday so I couldn't have missed a day.  I wasn't going to say anything but if someone else is experiencing it then why not? I'm not crying over here I promise! (haha)  I checked back to see if maybe it was a glitch that reset itself, but as of right now it's still at 1

Not sure if it is a glitch or not, but the "Equipment Destroyed" destroyed equipment i didn't have and brought my total into the negative. It was the ammo I was using for the mission.

Not a glitch, just poor coding. :) I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Mike,

My days played also was reset to 0 and hasn't changed back. Could you look into this when you get a chance?

Thanks,

KJK :cdn:

My like of the game was reset after the last patch, last time it did that and I re-checked the like box it reset my days played...

Back