• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

I haven't played in a long time however, when I did today (from my smart phone) I leveled up.  When I went to apply the 5 points to my CR total the entry box glitched (the one with the + beside it) and remained blank but gave me 1 CR while showing I still had 5 to use ultimately resulting in a CR gain of 6 for one rank increase.

Hmmm, I've tried to reproduce it but it always seems to apply the point correctly, or not apply it at all. Do you know how the CR box glitched?

OK then.  It seems to have fixed itself.  When I reported the issue it showed 1256 CR, but now shows the correct 1255.  I am on my iPhone so maybe it was just a display error?  Not a clue what happened there.

Me either... I can't see a way that would occur based on the code, but I'll keep an eye on things to see if anything similar comes up.

That happens to me when I use my phone - Blackberry...I have never been sure if it's my fingers on the small key board or not, so sometimes 1 CR, and sometimes the correct amount. It has allways blanked out after entering the amount as you scroll to the + sign.

It#s never really been an issue for me. I usually only use my phone at work anyways :whistle:

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hmmm, looks like Facebook tightened their security standards. If you are using HTTPS (secure browsing) it no longer seems to work... ever. If you drop the S from the HTTP it will work, but if you have secure browsing turned on in Facebook, it will just re-add the HTTPS and you'll be back in the same boat again.

I suspect this is because Facebook is no longer liking the untrusted certificate I used on our server. I'll check into it to be sure this is truly the problem but it does look that way. A 'trusted' cert generally costs about $99/year so unless there is a hue and cry to retain secure browsing, I suggest users turn it off while playing.

Wish I had a better answer, especially as I do security work in my day job!

That fixed for me.

dileas

tess

Not for me. I'm still trying to confirm what changes may have been made with Facebook (if any). I'll let everyone know what I discover.

airmich said:
Mike,  I'm getting the "??" for my total equipment purchase.  I remember that we used to get that when you first put it into the game.  I was fine one purchase and then for the next two that I did, it had the "??".  If it helps you any, it didn't give a total starting with my first purchase after I levelled up to rank 499.

Having this same issue again Mike.  This time it is at rank 549.  Something every 50, or something before every "big" one (x00/x50)?

I may have fixed the problem... and without having to buy a cert. :) Can you guys let me know if see the empty response error with any regularity?

Edit: Nevermind... it's back again. :(

Thanks
Mike

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb again and say it may be fixed. I purchased and installed a 2-year SSL certificate and so far it seems to have addressed the problem.

Told me today:

2011-09-05 00:04:08 For playing Afghan Operations for 321 days you have received a Care Package that contained a TOW (LRAAWH) worth 150!
If you 'like' the game your daily care packages will be upgraded!
2011-09-05 00:04:08 Danger Pay collected for playing today: 50 Subscriber Bonus: +50 +10 Morale

But when I look at the top of the page it tells me:

Laurence Strong and 115 others like this.

Larry, somewhere earlier Mike suggested unliking and then re-liking it and that it should fix itself.  Not sure how far back his post on this was.

Edited to add:

Found it.  It was in the "Care Packages" thread:
Mike Bobbitt said:
Silverfire, is it still doing the same thing for you? If so, try un-liking and re-liking the game... seems that things get hung up from time to time.

Larry Strong said:
Thank you :salute: How do I do that? I don't use a favorite, just go to FB

Good test for my late night brain!  Wasn't sure myself, but I figured it out.  If you hover over the "like" button on the top of your AO screen, an "x" will show.  Click on that to unlike.  You will then have the option to like it again.

Question, do medals count toward daily  achievements? I was awarded "Natural High incentive purchased for 100. You have earned +10 Situational Awareness as a reward for Morale Reaches +200. +10 Morale" but it didn't count towards my Situational Awareness daily achievements. The same happened with my +20 to all Equipment award.

It's buried pretty deep, but here's the answer:

Mike Bobbitt said:
I should also say, right from the start, that bonuses from incentives don't count towards your goal. So if you need 100 Int and just cashed in an incentive that gives you that much or more, it won't help.

You need to earn it the old fashioned way. ;)

I'm trying to complete the "Supply the AOR" mission in Tripoli, Libya. I was able to play the mission once, but then it said I needed to purchase more equipment. It states I need 2 IMP's to perform the mission and that I currently have one. When I go to the QM tab IMP is not listed. If I click "Purchase Required Equipment" beside the mission the screen comes up with no equipment listed and ?? beside "Total Equipment Cost".

I'm having a similar issue with "HMCS Charlettown Conduct Boarding on Vessel of Interest" and the Sig Sauer.

Interesting... those missions require kit you have not unlocked yet. Guess I have to go back and revisit the mission editor. :)

Now, this doesn't affect gameplay at all, but on my android phone the conduct mission botton is not beside the mission box but beside it.  That only applies to the first mission on the list.  Is it possible to screen shot with an android?  If not I'll take a picture when I get home.

Back