• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Hmmm, that is an odd one... I double checked the code and it doesn't look like that *should* happen. Is it possible you had a mission queued up that took effect after your promotion?

Every time I do a mission I "whitepage" and a lot of the times when doing other functions the same thing happens.

I run the game both on a MacBook Pro and iPhone (Safari Browser) and around 10-15% of the time I too get the white screen.

I've created a bookmark on both the MacBook and iPhone and just click it when it happens. It brings me to the next page which shows mission success/failure as it normally would.  I just chalked it up to an Apple thing.

I just clic on my FB homepage and come back that route....that was more a cry of frustration :brickwall: than anything else. I'm better  now :nod:

Larry Strong said:
I just clic on my FB homepage and come back that route....that was more a cry of frustration :brickwall: than anything else. I'm better  now :nod:

Ditto (both the FB click and the cry!).  I am getting the white page after almost every mission.  Not so bad when I am doing only a couple HVM.  Doesn't take a whole lot of time to go back and forth.  But when I am conducting a bunch of smaller missions to use up CR or raise my mission numbers, it definitely gets frustrating and time consuming.

Ok, more info from what I think happened:

Had enough CR to do a mission to level me up. Clicked once on "conduct mission". Screen goes white. I go back to FB. Click on the AO link. CR at 500/698 and I get creditied with another mission success.

In other words: one click to perform mission that levels me up ends up doing the mission again automatically after I leveled up.

Me too, going whitescreen, then going back through the FB left-side menu to select 'Afghan Operations' repeats the last mission you tried.  I had an HVM done, which leveled me up, but went white, and when I re-entered AO, I noted that my CR was down from the max by exactly the amount of CR needed for the mission.  I though it would have just come to the Ops mission menu, but it definitely treated the refresh as a 'repeat the mission'.

Good2Golf said:
Me too, going whitescreen, then going back through the FB left-side menu to select 'Afghan Operations' repeats the last mission you tried.  I had an HVM done, which leveled me up, but went white, and when I re-entered AO, I noted that my CR was down from the max by exactly the amount of CR needed for the mission.  I though it would have just come to the Ops mission menu, but it definitely treated the refresh as a 'repeat the mission'.

Mike, I narrowed it down a bit...I only get the whitescreen if I received some INT on that mission.

Good2Golf said:
Mike, I narrowed it down a bit...I only get the whitescreen if I received some INT on that mission.

Thats what I thought a while back

Larry Strong said:
I am doing a bunch of consecutive missions and i seem to white page everytime I collect int, which is also a daily challenge, I don't have any issues when just completing the mission.

Now it does it on most missions

I've made some changes to help reduce white screens tonight... though it's more likely to just break more stuff in the short term. :) Hopefully it will position us for being able to nuke this whole white screen thing soon. If anyone sees new problems (besides the white screen) please let me know. In the mean time, I'll be working on trying to get the white screen problem sorted out.

Good2Golf said:

G2G you've just saved me a heck of a lot of work. I'd already developed a plan on how to try to narrow down the source, but it was going to be very time consuming... thanks!

Just played a msn, used CR, and summary says that I get some CE, but the tally never changed.  I know this because the msn that I'm working on needed two more times before I ranked up.  After this last msn, I still need two more to rank up.

Summary says I should have received 1505 plus 90 CE (for morale).

Hmmm, haven't seen that one before and it worked OK for me, but I've given you the correction. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can catch it in the act.

As a side note, I'm "sort of" getting closer to the white screen problem. In a nutshell, the game is trying to do too much, and taking too long when missions are being run. I'm trying to optimize the code a bit, but may end up having to take a new approach to things like the daily challenges.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hmmm, haven't seen that one before and it worked OK for me, but I've given you the correction. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can catch it in the act.

As a side note, I'm "sort of" getting closer to the white screen problem. In a nutshell, the game is trying to do too much, and taking too long when missions are being run. I'm trying to optimize the code a bit, but may end up having to take a new approach to things like the daily challenges.

You gave me too much.  I should have had another 300 (?) CE to go before my next promotion.

Crap... I'm trying to do too many things at once... do you know how much I went over?

The white screen problem is coming.... but it's going to be a big job so I likely won't be able to finish it tonight.

LOL. More signs of the apocolypse ... apparently servers can walk and do drill!!

My white screen is now accompanied by this neat little message:

Sorry, Afghan Operations failed inspection and is doing remedial drill until things improve. Please check back later.

;D

The game is back online now (let me know if it's still offline for you!)

Also, note that 'Tommy Gavin' is my test user... you can ignore his stats today and tomorrow, I'm just using that account to reproduce the white screens and test fixes.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Crap... I'm trying to do too many things at once... do you know how much I went over?

The white screen problem is coming.... but it's going to be a big job so I likely won't be able to finish it tonight.

No idea.  Figure if I had 300 less than my next promotion I'd be where I'm supposed to be.

Now that's honesty for you.  You want me to keep playing or are you going to readjust?  Losing CR as I type this.  ;D

I'd say 'carry on' but I've just taken the game offline for more work. :) I'm hoping it won't take long.

Back