• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes Armouries - Weight Rooms

TSpoon

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this so bear with me. I'm in the middle of an application with The PRes in Toronto. I was just wondering what kind of weight room the armouries have, if any. Specifically Moss Park Armoury, Fort York Armoury and Dalton Armoury.I tried searching around for answers but couldn't find any.Thanks for any replies :cdn:

I can't comment about the weight room in toronto.  But when I went in and talked to the recruiter they gave me a tour of the building, including the weight room.

There's one in the Windsor Armoury.

I've seen it while looking for a breaker panel.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys, now I won't have to fork over the cash for a gym membership afterall !!

TSpoon said:
Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys, now I won't have to fork over the cash for a gym membership afterall !!

I wouldn't go that far,  at least not yet.  You might want to get into the Reserves first and check out the weight room and see if it has everything you want.  As well,  finding out how often you can access it would be something to look into.

-Skeletor- said:
I wouldn't go that far,  at least not yet.  You might want to get into the Reserves first and check out the weight room and see if it has everything you want.  As well,  finding out how often you can access it would be something to look into.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Thanks

We set up a CrossFit Gym at Moss Park a few year ago, there is still some stuff there but, no one (or unit) really takes care of the equipment anymore.

Hatchet Man said:
We set up a CrossFit Gym at Moss Park a few year ago, there is still some stuff there but, no one (or unit) really takes care of the equipment anymore.

Oh yeah I remember hearing about some crossfit certs out of Moss Park a few years ago.Do you remember what kind of gear you guys had ? Bumper plates? Squat stands ? Kettlebells ? Or am I just getting too hopeful now lol.Thanks

edited for spelling

TSpoon said:
Oh yeah I remember hearing about some crossfit certs out of Moss Park a few years ago.Do you remember what kind of gear you guys had ? Bumper plates? Squat stands ? Kettlebells ? Or am I just getting too hopeful now lol.Thanks

edited for spelling

There is still some that there, not as much as there used to be.

Hatchet Man said:
There is still some that there, not as much as there used to be.

Cool.Thanks for the insight Hatchet man !!

Probably the only place that has a decent gym will be the Denison armouries.  Before that place was built the CF would purchase memberships at local gyms for use by Class B pers.

Zoomie said:
Probably the only place that has a decent gym will be the Denison armouries.  Before that place was built the CF would purchase memberships at local gyms for use by Class B pers.

Damn, Denison's a little to far from my house to be going there on the regular.I'll have to hope either the QOR or The 48th take me so I can still have acess to training facilities that aren't too far from where I live.Thanks :cdn:

Zoomie said:

Which I was lead to believe is only for members on 3 year class BA positions. I lost a 2 year fight to have my gym membership paid for as a class B.

I had thought the YMCA offers free membership to CF members? At least that's what i was told about some YMCAs in Ottawa

ObedientiaZelum said:
At least that's what i was told about some YMCAs in Ottawa

That applies only to YMCAs in the NCR.

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Ottawa/EN/Facilities/Pages/Commercial%20Fitness%20Facilities.aspx

CDN Aviator said:
That applies only to YMCAs in the NCR.

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Ottawa/EN/Facilities/Pages/Commercial%20Fitness%20Facilities.aspx
Ah right on. Thank you.

Robert0288 said:
Thanks for that link, I didn't know the RA centre was free.

Only the squash courts.

RA Centre - 2451 Riverside Drive
Military personnel must show their I.D. card at reception desk and sign in.

Squash Only

Mondays - 1900-2100hrs - 2 courts
Fridays - 1900-2100hrs - 2 courts
Sundays - 1900-2100hrs - 2 courts
Phone number a RA for bookings 613-733-5100

Back