• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPCLI Sniper Video

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Saw this PPCLI sniper team featured on Blackfive this AM.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3fc_1186408392

Why does it say "3 RCR" at the start of the video if its PPCLI?

GreyMatter said:
Why does it say "3 RCR" at the start of the video if its PPCLI?

Combat Camera

Operation Athena is Canada’s contribution to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in conjunction with the United Nations (UN) mission in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Canadian Commander, Major General Andrew Leslie is also the Deputy Commander of ISAF. The initial deployment (ROTO 0) consists of nearly 1,900 Canadian Forces personnel incorporating The Royal Canadian Regiment (3 RCR from CFB Petawawa, Ont.); a Brigade Headquarters based on 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group and Signals Squadron, logistics, reconnaissance, engineers, military police and medical support capabilities. The 3 RCR Battalion Group is deployed with LAV III infantry fighting vehicles, LG1 Howitzers (Artillery) and state-of-the-art Coyote reconnaissance vehicles from CFB Petawawa.

They were playing this video at the Edmonton Recruiting center when I was there last. Pretty interesting video, indeed.

philbm900 said:
Really nice video... were they training in Canada, it was snowing?
???
Operation Athena is Canada’s contribution to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in conjunction with the United Nations (UN) mission in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Canadian Commander, Major General Andrew Leslie is also the Deputy Commander of ISAF. The initial deployment (ROTO 0) consists of nearly 1,900 Canadian Forces personnel incorporating The Royal Canadian Regiment (3 RCR from CFB Petawawa, Ont.); a Brigade Headquarters based on 2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group and Signals Squadron, logistics, reconnaissance, engineers, military police and medical support capabilities. The 3 RCR Battalion Group is deployed with LAV III infantry fighting vehicles, LG1 Howitzers (Artillery) and state-of-the-art Coyote reconnaissance vehicles from CFB Petawawa.
;)

philbm900 said:
Really nice video... were they training in Canada, it was snowing?

Did it look like anywhere in canada ?

Snow ? Where in this video did you see snow ?

CBC recently did a story on some 3 VP snipers, while they were in Gagetown. Anybody seen it and know where i can I find it?

Back