• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PPCLI Shoulder flash approved for wear

M

MikeL

Fellow Patricias

I have some good news. Our request to wear the red and white PPCLI shoulder flash during our Centennial celebrations has been approved by the Army.
All serving members of the Regiment (LCol and below) will be authorized to wear the shoulder flash on their DEUs from 07 Aug 2013 to 01 June 2015.
Details will be forthcoming when we work out some other issues.

Stand by for more details on the proper wearing of the shoulder flashes in the coming weeks.

Major S.G.J. Lerch
PPCLI Regimental Major

dapaterson said:
So, the PPCLI centennial year will last 663 days?

It certainly feels like that long for the guys planning it....

Totally off-lane here, but where will the patch be worn?  Below the CANADA?  In place of it?  Have the metal PPCLI badge be replaced by a metal CANADA badge? 

What happens when other units get wind of this and want to do the same? 

>:D

Dimsum said:
Totally off-lane here, but where will the patch be worn?  Below the CANADA?  In place of it?  Have the metal PPCLI badge be replaced by a metal CANADA badge? 

What happens when other units get wind of this and want to do the same? 

>:D

I assume thay'll also want the Red Div patch above the Grey one too?

-Skeletor- said:
"Stand by for more details on the proper wearing of the shoulder flashes in the coming weeks."

How complex can the wearing of shoulder flashes be, and why does it take that long to figure it out?

daftandbarmy said:
I assume thay'll also want the Red Div patch above the Grey one too?

In the Great War the PPCLI was in the Third Division, hence the French Grey facings.

Loachman said:
How complex can the wearing of shoulder flashes be, and why does it take that long to figure it out?

It is the PPCLI we're talking about. >:D

I'm assuming that by wearing the cloth PPCLI shoulder title on the DEU, the metal shoulder title will not be worn on the epaulet strap?
-Would look pretty silly to wear both at the same time.

In the 4 CIBG days in pre-CFE Europe, the Patricias wore a cloth flash on their battledress sleeves without a Canada flash. This was more or less against policy, but they claimed that anybody who didn't know what PPCLI meant would soon find out, in their usual modest, self-effacing style.

Back