• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible sell- Elcan Spectre DR

BulletMagnet said:
Navy

I can save you the time on the POA shift.

PM me

Edit: To not sound like I am mentaly challanged.

Is it a secret the rest of us can't know? ;)

Camera batteries were dead, but the function test today proved that there was a repeatable shift of 1 MOA between 1x and 4x. 

That's within tolerances from my point of view.  I mean, 1 MOA at 25 meters is a quarter inch.

NS

Ok,

Well, I spent a bit of time at the range today putting the scope through some simple tests to confirm setup and such.

Here's the conditons.

20m indoor range
Standing Supported
Franken-AR-22 (Dlask Lower with an OLD flattop upper, dedicated .22 LR barrel mated with Ceiner conversion kit.) 
Winchester T-22 ammo, lot # 1VA50N and 1YK40M

Here's the kit:
Specter%20DR%20002%20(Large).jpg

My comments:

1.  The red dot is not as precise as the black dot.  I noted that at low illumination settings, the black dot did not appear to be precisely in the center of the red dot.  The red dot was very quick to pick up, but not as precise.

2.  The scope is quite clear, and I was pleased with  the view of the target.  I've shot some old Elcans that have had  almost fields of moss growing inside them....this was NICE.

3.  This scope has 1/2 MOA adjustments.  That's fine, just a change from the old Elcans. 

4.  Windage is opposite to the old Elcan...again, just something to get used to.

5.  I tested it with a 10 MOA (20 click) box test.  Fire 5 rds, adjust right 20 clicks, then fire 5, then down 20, fire 5, left 20, fire 5, then back up 20 and fire 5 moe to see if the groups are co-incident.  Worked quite well.  Elevation was almost exactly 2", which is about 10 MOA at 20 meters, and windage was about 1.9 inches, again, pretty close.  (I should have fired 10 round groups to get a better feel.

Specter%20DR%20008%20(Large).jpg

Here's some additional photos of the optic mounted on my rifle:

Specter%20DR%20003%20(Large).jpg

Specter%20DR%20004%20(Large).jpg

Here's a photo of the reticule at 1X:

Specter%20DR%20005%20(Large).jpg

And here it is at 4X:

Specter%20DR%20007%20(Large).jpg

(Please forgive the bald spot visible in the background....kitchen tables and reflective windows are fun!)

Now, let's step on to how it fared in the 4X to 1X flipping.

I started out firing 5 round groups, with this target showing the results.  I'd fire a 5 shot group at 4X, then fire 5 more on top of those at 1X into the same target.  On this target, I used the red-dot instead of the black dot.  I noted that the red dot occluded the black diamond at 1X, so for the next target (following below) I switched the red-dot off.

Specter%20DR%20012%20(Large).jpg

After this, I fired 10 round groups, top target at 4X, bottom at 1X .  I was extremely pleased with the results.  The groups are effectively in the same spots.  I was impressed!

Specter%20DR%20011%20(Large).jpg

Finally, I fired a couple of groups on a pair of reduced size Figure 12's (scaled for 100m) and here's how they look.  As a note, the lower left target (1X) I realized I was focusing on the face, not the chin, which is why I re-shot the string on the right hand side.  The bullets hit where I aimed.  The offset of the group was MY FAULT.)

Summation.

I'm very pleased with the performance so far. 

A friend of mine gave me the "scope-bra", and it's a perfect fit.

NS

Specter%20DR%20013%20(Large).jpg

Excellent review, I'd love to get my hands on one... CoC isn't aboard though.

Weapon won't go on safe is hammer is down....must be cocked for safety on.

NS

NavyShooter said:
Camera batteries were dead, but the function test today proved that there was a repeatable shift of 1 MOA between 1x and 4x. 

Which direction does the MPI shift?  I assume you zero on 4x?

Any possibility of any more coming soon? I think our unit CofC maybe OK with this. Please let me/us know.
Cheers!
R

robmika said:
Any possibility of any more coming soon? I think our unit CofC maybe OK with this. Please let me/us know.
Cheers!
R

X2, hopefully some more come in before 1/11.

I've gota few emails. Sorry gentlemen, no word yet. As soon as I hear there are more available I'll post it here.

Any of these still available? Deploying again in the fall and have been looking for one of these for awhile

Looking forward to that availability posting.

Any chance to get one in 7.62 in addition to 5.56?

Thanks in advance!

hi, reading and writing from Italy, I'm very interested in the Spectre, just tested a friend one at the range and found it great, far better than the Triji I'm currently using for training and IPSC competitions in EU....price sounds good if the "problems" are just external and cosmetic.
is there the chance, for me to buy one, or more of it, and have it shipped via Air Mail or so to Italy ? of course we'll find a payment method that is acceptable for both (Paypal or Bank transfer ?)
let me know.
grazie. ciao
Danilo

Definitely one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought one a few years ago.

It has a solid base that mounts very well with the rail and from my experience, returns to zero every time I re-mount it to the rails. Very east to zero and difference between 1X and 4X was sub-0.25 MOA when optically checked on a dampened bench.

I haven't heard anything from my friend about them in the last year or so, I wouldn't count on more coming down the pipeline but I'll send him an email and just inquire about it. I'm thinking of selling mine, if I do I'll throw it up on here.

Back