• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible Postings - Armoured Corps

Lt.Mortormer

Inactive
Reaction score
I am interested in knowing reference postings, what my chances are to pick my affiliation. As I would like to go to the RCD in Petawawa, I know my friends that went infrantry, they chose either PPCLI, RCR, or 22R. Does this work the same with the armoured?

It is a cap badge as is the Intfrantry, not like a universal cap badge as in most other trades.

Basically, I would like to know, do I choose if I go with RCD or LdSh or am I put there?

Judge  :cdn:

They will put you where you are needed.

You could get posted to any of the 3 Armoured Regiments.

LdSH (RC) Edmonton
RCD Pet
12 RBC Valcartier

Damn,

Was hoping RCD in Pet, would love to buy a house and possibly be closer to family. Spent the last 6 years away from most of my family, and lost my father during that time.

Here's hoping a slot is open for me! Plus houses are cheaper out in Pet area. I cant see them sending me to Quebec, I do not have a second language profile, and they wont send me for some reason to get the training. We'll see I suppose, Rule 3 Right, Do it cause your told to.

Judge  :cdn:

You can tell them your preference.  It doesn't guaruntee you will get the Regiment you want.

When you pass your DP 1.2 the CORP will go through the grad list and generally you will go to the Regt of choice.  The issue develops when a particular unit needs more candidates than choose them.  There are always a few.  You do get to state your preferance though, and if there are family and other issues that can weigh your options somewhat as well.

Good Luck

Back