• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible Kit Shop

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: Possible Kit Shop

Posted by Matt Fisher mfisher@nv2.cc.va.us from Manassas VA USA on February 10, 2000 at 13:28:57:

In Reply to: Re: Possible Kit Shop posted by Bloggins on February 05, 2000 at 11:52:07:

Cold Weather injuries are a good point, but lets look at how many unit kit shops sell "unauthorized" Polartec jackets made by the Woods company.

Also, the issue stuff is still crap. I remember one winter I froze my *** off in Wainwright wearing all issue equipment, thermal drawers and top, combat pants, and shirt, flannel shirt, windpants, and parka, mukluks, white balaklava, and white mittens, only to freeze my *** off on while sitting on a hill overlooking the Battle River.

The stuff I‘m considering selling is manufactured by a reputable company out of the UK, who have a clothing line especially made for members of the British Army to purchase, and it has been field-tested and proven in Bosnia and Norway, as well as mountaineering trips in the Himalayas to such peaks as K2, Annapurna, and Everest.

I doubt that if anyone would suffer a cold weather injury in this stuff.

Also, I‘ve never heard of a cold weather injury being so serious that a person has been dismissed from the Forces due to a medical discharge, and those that usually suffer a cold weather injury even if they‘re wearing all issue equipment usually end up being charged with a "self-inflicted injury".

Back