• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poor muffin and Spec pay to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nauticus said:
She has a point.

Most militaries in the world only operate 9:00 - 17:00, monday through friday and because they don't have time during that period to do a lot of fitness training, there's no PT requirements to join them. Strange that Canada's military is so different...

/sarcasm machine off

Talk to the Danes.

I am sure that editor's lick their chops when they get stupid letters like this because they know just how fucking stupid they sound.

Meh. I'm sure if that guy was here he was likely one of those who just knew he had what it would take to be a soldier (until 1700 and only on weekdays)

Nauticus said:
She has a point.

Most militaries in the world only operate 9:00 - 17:00, monday through friday and because they don't have time during that period to do a lot of fitness training, there's no PT requirements to join them. Strange that Canada's military is so different...

/sarcasm machine off

I know! Oh man, maybe we should just go and join the Tajikistan military

/sarcasm machine also off

Scott said:
I am sure that editor's lick their chops when they get stupid letters like this because they know just how ******* stupid they sound.

Meh. I'm sure if that guy was here he was likely one of those who just knew he had what it would take to be a soldier (until 1700 and only on weekdays)
If only that were the complete problem.

Sounds like he doesn't want to be a super-sniper spec-ops ninja until after 0600hours, either.

JMesh said:
Well, if all of what she said was factual, then the individual feels the same way:

As the old saying goes, if your troops aren't complaining there's somthing wrong.

He wouldn't be the first troop who mused about quitting. The letter was written by his aunt, not by him, yet everyone wants to attack him.

If he feels that strongly, then he can put it in writing himself. Until then, it's his aunt having no understanding of the military or it's culture.

muffin said:
.... makes me want to change my nickname.....

Well, just don't start complaining about how bad things are....you've already got a reputation you have to live down... ;D

Scott said:
Cupcake? ;D

I can see the name change now:

muffin ----> cupcake ----> princess  ;D

mad dog 2020 said:
Unreasonable demands lead to a lack of morale on base
Letter to the editor

My nephew, who is currently attending the Military Police Academy at CFB Borden, related to me on the current low morale and lack of family support at that institution.

Enlisting to seek a proud profession, he related how he was so turned off by the treatment that he could not see himself remaining in the military past his initial engagement.

For example, as a result of the “snow in” in December during which the entire base was closed for three days, the commander ordered that all staff and students come in on their hard-earned weekends off to make up for the loss. The problem is that there was no apparent loss since no exams or other important tasks were missed.

Talk about taking the holiday cheer out of the troops, they should’ve been with their families on the weekends.

Physical training is also being done on the soldiers’ own personal time at 5:45 a.m., three times a week.

A fit soldier is important, but like any other “job training” it is to be done on work time, not personal time.

With more and more military families having a working spouse, it is the job of the soldier to help the spouse get the kids to breakfast and to school. This can’t be done if the commander is making troops come in at that hour to run.

To make matters worse, many of the students and staff have had to seek medical attention to resolve issues of “shin splints,” sprained ankles and other leg related injuries.

Obviously the MP Academy didn’t get the memo from the Chief of Defence Staff that soldiers are to have a balanced military and personal life.

Now more than ever the troops really do need the public support since it’s clear from his account that the military itself isn’t providing it.

Anne Hayes,

Beeton

From Simcoe.com

What do you think this is an 8-5 job? If the nephew doesn't like getting up at o'dark stupid for PT then he shouldn't have enrolled.........

And Jesus wept......

stl%20(3).jpg

This subject brought lots of discussion and comments.
Check them all out at http://www.simcoe.com/community/alliston/article/932894 (at least 4 pages of comments. "Gameover" has definitely some different ideas/notions of the role of the CF ...)
PS I hope that a proper official response from CFB Borden is in the works. MTF

Ammo said:
This subject brought lots of discussion and comments.
Check them all out at http://www.simcoe.com/community/alliston/article/932894 (at least 4 pages of comments. "Gameover" has definitely some different ideas/notions of the role of the CF ...)
PS I hope that a proper official response from CFB Borden is in the works. MTF

You have got to be kidding me!?

....Great, now the public can go bash the CF blindly based off this "complaint letter" without any research or facts about the CF and the way it operates, its roles etc.

Yep...
But, as I said, MTF (something will come out from Borden, I'm sure!!!)

Diagnosis - MID (Muffin in Distress)

Disposition - RTM (Return to Mommy).

Can't be much politer than that.

MM

Ammo said:
Yep...
But, as I said, MTF (something will come out from Borden, I'm sure!!!)

I seriously doubt it.  Why would anyone at the base waste their time replying to one letter to the editor and a bunch of anonymous posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back