• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Political Correctness.......Words for Herds.

Well, a snowthrower is pushed by hand.  A snowblower is propelled by another vehicle (or is driven, like the little sidewalk models).

PMedMoe said:
Maybe that should read a Colewoman stove.  ;D  Just kidding!!!  ;)

The one that irks me is snowthrower vs. snowblower.  I mean really!!  ::)

That should be Coleperson stove!  You've got to start paying attention if you ever hope to succeed at this PC thang!  :D

Strike said:
As far as I'm concerned, the word woman has man in it, therefore any position (airman, seaman, chairman, etc) is not specific to gender.

;D  Perhaps the CF and DND in all their previous incarnations have been Politically Correct long before Political Correctness became a buzz word.  Look at the abbreviations that we have used all these years:  Pers for Personnel.

I have always laughed at this Gender PC thing that feminists like to flaunt as an injustice to women.  First off, just how do they look at themselves if they can not use any "Male" terms to describe themselves:

1.     They can't consider themselves to be a real person if they follow their 'guidelines';

2.     They can't consider themselves as being female, nor a real woman;

3.     This would then exclude them from being members of the human race; and

4.     To avoid confusion, they must be an "Alien" species..............

Actually, that may be a fair description of some of our more radical Feminists..... ;D

George Wallace said:
4.     To avoid confusion, they must be an "Alien" species..............

Actually, that may be a fair description of some of our more radical Feminists..... ;D

Was not Flight Officer Ellen Ripley's (Sigourney Weaver) most famous nemesis a female??

Roy Harding said:
That should be Coleperson stove!  You've got to start paying attention if you ever hope to succeed at this PC thang!  :D

Oops!!  :-[  ::)

And the Jewish are going to have to go through some incredible name changes once the PC freaks have taken over....no more Goldmans or Fridmans or Silvermans....

Haven't they been through enough all ready?

Back