• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

~Poem~ Across the Miles

proudnurse

Inactive
Reaction score
Across the Miles.....

~Your bags are packed and in the hall, I wonder if you'll have time to call, or time to write
... or even think of me.

The day that seemed so far away, is finally here and soon you will be on your way. Behind my smile, there are tears... I try to hide them, to calm your fears.

I'll have friends and family to see me through, a list of chores... and things to do. I think of the things I'd like to say, with pen in hand... a letter will be soon on it's way. If I tell you "I miss you" will that be hard on your day? For I know that you have a Duty to do, and I want you to stay focused, and pull through.

For I know what you wish for, and that's what I'll do.... is to keep positive, through and through. And to never forget, how much you do care. 

And always remember, though we are apart. Love always bridges distances ... back to the heart.

April 20 2007 ~ Written by Rebecca

Very nice.

I especially like the dilemma of what to say and not say. I have talked to several wives and every one of them told me about the great anxiety of what and how to say things in their brief moments of communication. Will I distract him? Will I make him feel worse about being away.? Will I worry him? etc. It is a very difficult position to be in. And, compound that with the fact that the soldier is in the same position. What do I say? Leaving many things left unsaid. Makes it so difficult.

Thank you, Rebecca, for sharing.

Timothy

Thank you Nikiwan,

Writing has always been something I have enjoyed very much. I should really take more time to do so. Thank you for everything that you share also. I have enjoyed reading your poems immencely.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

Back