• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PLAR assessment

Fitz4444

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi I am waiting on a PLAR assessment I am a red seal electrician, and am going for marine tech. I am wondering if anyone knows anyone who had a trade prior to going into the CAF, and if they received any benefits and what they were? I only found this one article of a red seal chef getting bumped up a rank and a signing bonus. Just wondering if that is common and if anyone knows any electricians, plumbers or HVAC guys that came into the CAF with a red seal trade.

Hi I am waiting on a PLAR assessment I am a red seal electrician, and am going for marine tech. I am wondering if anyone knows anyone who had a trade prior to going into the CAF, and if they received any benefits and what they were? I only found this one article of a red seal chef getting bumped up a rank and a signing bonus. Just wondering if that is common and if anyone knows any electricians, plumbers or HVAC guys that came into the CAF with a red seal trade.
Not sure about hvac and trades. I am in tech. I am at the butt end of my PLAR. I should find out in the next week or so, as my file manager was following up on my PLAR. Benefits that I know of and have been told of... higher starting rank, which means higher pay. And less training as you don't need all the ed they put other off the street candidates through. I know much of the training can be skipped, just not sure about rank for the trades, what they do there. Sorry.

The PLAR process can determine any of the following things:
  • higher starting rank
  • higher starting pay incentive
  • qualifications granted (ie a non military course could grant a military course being granted)
  • partial qualifications granted (all military courses are broken in smaller sections, while you may not have an entire course granted to you, you may have part of it granted)

Congrats. Were you pleased with it? Did you get a rank/pay bump?
My trade is spec already. Nothing compared to my private sector job, not going in for pay. But the rank is a nice bonus and also I skip all but the military training component of my trade.

Just as an update for those of you considering or waiting on a PLAR for BMOQ-A (CAP)....PLQ alone will not suffice. You will need AJLC as well which is no longer offered to purple trades to my knowledge.

Back