• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pilot Recruiting Length

NBiederman

Inactive
Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I have tried searching and have come up with no results.
I was wondering what the average wait time is for a pilot applicant, from the date of application to the date of starting training. I would be entering as a D.E.O.

Read this thread, there are many posts regarding people's experiences with training wait times.

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/62660.0.html

Here's some posts regarding recruiting wait times.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-929420.html#msg929420

You'll see my wait time (which I considered very short) in reply #1873.

Wait times would vary greatly for the recruiting process depending on the individual and CF requirements at the time. Training wait times will vary greatly depending on weather, A/C availability, Instructor availability, Training backlog, etc.

Screw it......

32 Months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours and 21 minutes..........

Hope that answers your question.

CDN Aviator said:
Screw it......

32 Months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours and 21 minutes..........

Hope that answers your question.

I don't know if that's right. My friend's dog sometimes chased a cat and the cat's owner had a brother that was an F-14 pilot in the CF. HE said it was only 30 months; even less if you were in Air Cadets......

:nod:

Had me worried there. I can deal with 30 months...
but 32 Months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 17 hours and 21 minute, thats just way too long

HAWX said:
I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I have tried searching and have come up with no results.
I was wondering what the average wait time is for a pilot applicant, from the date of application to the date of starting training. I would be entering as a D.E.O.

Can you clarify which training you are referring to (e.g. start of military training, or start of pilot trade specific training).

I am referring to the start of military training. I want to know how long the average period is for someone applying to the pilot stream to being sworn in as a pilot and attending BMOQ. Also are you sworn in as a pilot before you start any military training?

Refer to the second link in my post above. Search that thread for "Pilot". That will show the wait times.

When you accept the position and go through the enrolment ceremony (except for RETP), it will be for a specific trade.

Hello Gents,

With the long wait time required for the pilot application process, I was wondering if it was recommended that I start my OT (I'm an OCDT in the PRes, planning to be a pilot) one year or so prior to graduating university.

R.I.S.K. said:
Hello Gents,

With the long wait time required for the pilot application process, I was wondering if it was recommended that I start my OT (I'm an OCDT in the PRes, planning to be a pilot) one year or so prior to graduating university.
If you were to apply, would it fall under CT-ROTP?  I.E. while you are still in university, looking for subsidization of the remainder of your school, or DEO?  I believe that those are the only two routes for someone from the PRes to go to Reg, but I may be wrong.  This last selection, they weren't taking any DEO pilots without prior military flying experience, and only ROTP, which may hold true in the future.  Basically, there were huge cuts to pilot recruiting, which can be expected to continue for several years into the future.  Not a lot of spots, but your best bet is to apply for CT-ROTP and not wait until you are finished, otherwise you might educate yourself out of a job.

Back