• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Picture frames @ BMQ (yes, enough for a merged topic)

atticus

Inactive
Reaction score
So I'm currently getting all my stuff together to take to BMQ and there are a few odd items on the list. Some like the hairnet (though I can see some purpose behind this). I was just curious why we need a 2x7 picture frame and what picture are we sapposed to have in it?

I think it's optional to bring a picture/picture frame with you.  You don't need to bring one if you don't want to.

If it is on the list...BRING IT!

They probably want you to have a picture that gives you some comfort on those stressful days.

It is for your favourite "Pin Up".  The better her photo, the less hassle the Instructors will give you during morning inspection... ;D

George Wallace said:
It is for your favourite "Pin Up".   The better her photo, the less hassle the Instructors will give you during morning inspection... ;D

Haha, yea
Also, make sure to change the picture every week, so your instructers don't get bored of looking at the same girl  :D

You kidding, They took all mine and gave me more grief because I didn't have enough for all the Instructors on the Base :crybaby:

lol, on my basic,  for inspection, I had a picture of the guy across from me, he had a picture of me, all the guys in our room.

Then the MCpl made us all profess our love for roomates...and we had to have each other's pictures up for the rest of the course

Sig_Des said:
lol, on my basic,   for inspection, I had a picture of the guy across from me, he had a picture of me, all the guys in our room.

Then the MCpl made us all profess our love for roomates...and we had to have each other's pictures up for the rest of the course

hahaha

One guy had a picture of a cow and he called it his g/f.  The instructor said "you're very lucky".

Well its not my story, but I heard it from someone :D

Mappy said:
One guy had a picture of a cow and he called it his g/f.   The instructor said "you're very lucky".

I don't think the CF allows that yet..... :eek:  I am positive we still frown on those things.  It is udderly outrageous the way we are getting cow-towed into accepting the ways of vocal minorities who are milking our situation of equality for all.  I really have a beef with things like this happening to the CF.  This is absolute Bovine Scatology.  (1984?)

It's on the list. Bring it. Put a picture of your girlfriend or wife in it. Leave the funny stuff until you're almost done, and the Staff won't rip your heart out for being a 'comedian'.

Cows, your room-mate, a pin-up, any of this would be ammo I would use to make your life even more miserable. Don't give them any more ammo. It's not worth it.

George Wallace said:
family snapshot, your dog, something that connects you to Home, Hearth, and all that stuff you're probably taking for granted right now.

So it can be pretty much anything as long as your not being a dumbass?

Ignore my last post, answer was written while I was typing.  :p

may not seem important now, but when some @sshole like me is doing his very best to make your life a living hell (or so it will seem at times. Trust me, it's just tough love. Real tough.), it helps. Also letters. Hand-written letters.

Yeah, I know that from reserve BMQ hand written letters were the best to recieve, so much better than an email because you can read them over and over again without having to pump loonies into that stinking terminal!

paracowboy said:
ya lost me, dude.

One of those....pay as you go terminals that you can find in the Mess, Bus Terminals, Internet Cafes, etc.....not everyone has a laptop with WiFi

(Special note:  Bell sells a CD for just under $10 which you can get at Future Shop and several other locations that will give you 300 minutes of Dial Up for when you travel.  Yeah....I know....Dial Up...but it came in handy when I found a 'jack' in Edmonton.)

Back